Skip to main content
Topic: Sign Of The Times...? (Read 488 times) previous topic - next topic

Sign Of The Times...?

Yahoo Message Number: 2055
I had an unusual experience with the local Jayco dealer today.

I had a problem with warranty service validation with the local Med Duty truck dealer so I called the Jayco dealer and the only person available to handle my call was the owner. He was caught flat-footed by my issue and I began to express some impatience. Well he proceeded to fly off the handle and told me that he wasn't going to take any of that from me and "especially in this economy". So... I backed it down some... and he did the same and the call and subsequent follow-up conversations, ended up being productive. To his credit, he treated me fairly and rooted out the problem and I'm grateful for that. However it was a very odd exchange overall.

Oh and the underlying problem was that the dealer had never entered the odometer reading on the delayed warranty start form when I purchased it last Dec. They sent the form on to GM who noted a problem with it but that's as far as it ever got. So when the local Chevy service checked for warranty coverage yesterday, it showed expiration.

Fortunately the warranty item problem in question was not critical and can wait. I should know next week if they were able to successfully correct the warranty start date... all fingers and toes are crossed. :-s

Bill

Re: Sign Of The Times...?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2056
That's funny in that that is exactly what I ran into today with the med truck dealership, rv dealer never entered
date I purchased so had date off the line and warranty would of almost run out before I purchased it !!!
I didn't hear anything back today but hope they get it worked out so it is covered by the warranty.
If it's not one thing it is another !!!!

berfle624 wrote: