Skip to main content
Topic: Kodiak Rally (Read 533 times) previous topic - next topic

Kodiak Rally

Yahoo Message Number: 3309
Either a late July or Sept. rally sounds good to me. I like the idea of Elkart and especially if Jayco could provide a factory tour. It would also allow us to attend a Good Sam rally. Perhaps we could also go to the frame supplier, although be next year their should be few Kodiak's left. Count us in as we will be coming from California. I was wondering what kind of support the local manufactures would provide although not all Kodiak's are Jayco's?............

Re: Kodiak Rally

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3310
Gulf Stream and Four Winds are also in the area. If you have never been to the Elkhart area, It's a worthwhile trip. Especially if you can make it on a weekday.

Re: Kodiak Rally

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3331
Since I read this comment a couple of days ago in Australia I had some thoughts on a program/sponsorship. There are still rumors that GM will sell its MDT operation. If it does this in the near future the buyer might be very interested in participating in a rally since as a group we sure have to represent a lot of potential buyers. As I mentioned earlier, McCormack is trying to get Hino (Toyota) to provide a replacement chassis/engine. If Hino decides to enter the RV biz I would not be surprised if it would be interested as well. We sure have seen a lot of Hino trucks during our travels here. As soon as we return I'll see what I can learn about a GM sale and also a Hino move into the RV biz.

We arrived in NZ yesterday (Christchurch) and are now in Dunedin and tomorrow head for the west coast so we can do cruises on MIlford Sound and Doubtful Sound.. Surprisingly, we've seen more large Class A motorhomes in 24 hours in NZ than we saw in almost 5 weeks in Australia. Can't really figure out why.

We've continued to post photos on the site I posted a few weeks ago.

Hope you all had a peaceful and enjoyable thanksgiving with your families.

Don