Skip to main content
Topic: Slide lock (Read 390 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide lock

Yahoo Message Number: 8832
Hi,

Today put the slide in (bed - passenger side) and the light blinked. I know that is a fault code.
I did what I needed to do, pulled the in/out panel, and tried to reprogram the slide, going good except I noticed that the slide lock is not working therefore not saving/programming the board.

I have had issues right when I got the MH, I have replaced both slide control boards because the original ones would not keep the program if power was lost. That is how I learned about programming them.

But now the lock is not moving, so not sure if the board went bad again or the locking mechanism is broken or something else.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you all again for helping.
Mo

Slide lock

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8842
All,

I got it fixed.
Thought about sharing so you will have a reference in the future if running into the same problem.

There are instructions on the power gear website and also on your documentation how to reset/reprogram the slide. What is missing is that you will need to start with the slide at the "out" position not sure why, but that is how it works.

So, basically, slide out, pull the touch panel out, on the back there is a little black switch, press and hold it until blink one and light the other one (green/red whatever is the combo), proceed with "in" slide, once in, hit the switch in the back again once, if you miss that it will not save the setting and you will need to re-start. Do the same for "out", the panel should blink 3 times and stop, that is to tell you it is done.

If it flashes rapidly for 10 seconds, no good, it did not save.

Again all this is on the instructions with more details, it may take couple of times to get it right but it is not difficult.

Now, the KEY for all this to work is: the truck engine needs to be running. I am still waiting for an answer from PowerGear and Jayco on that, but it seems like the slides are wired directly to the truck battery and (new to me) it takes a lot of voltage to operate/program correctly, any drop in voltage will result in lost of settings, the truck battery could be perfectly good, but it seems like these slides boards are very sensitive. So it is best if you always put slides in and out with the engine running.
I have put a question also: if we have power service available if that would by pass the truck battery, still waiting for the answer.

If you have any question, please ask, be glad to help.
Mo