Skip to main content
Topic: Overhead entertainment center gone..... (Read 413 times) previous topic - next topic

Overhead entertainment center gone.....

Yahoo Message Number: 10544
Had a good weekend tinkering with the Endura. Got the new Bilsteins installed (huge improvment) and well as a bunch of other smaller mods. We have an 05 Endura 6340 and for our family, the sleeping arrangement is not optimal. The fold out couch is one option (with probably the worst mattress I've ever been on). The dinette also folds down, but pretty much not an option.

Also, I've been hearing all kinds of squeaks and noises from the overhead entertainment center. That 200 lb tube tv alone made me wonder. On thing led to another and by the end of the day yesterday, the whole cabinet assembly was removed (in such a way that I could put it back in if I really really had to).
IMG_1538
I've also had this suspicion that there was a problem where the cab mounts to the house frame. I can feel a pretty good deal of relative motion between the two when I'm driving down the road.
I would like to know if any of you Endura experts can point me in the direction to find out the names/manufacturers of the finishings in the rv (like wall paper, trim decor). I've already seen a reference to the healiner material here. Also, if any of you have an overhead bunk, I could use ideas on how to finish it off. My current plan is to install a window on the left side and put a cabinet with the LED tv on the right that I can articulate and actually see it from everywhere in the rv. That, and a comfy futon mattress to finish the space off nicely.
When I removed the trim piece that goes betweed the cab and bunk, I can see that the two are barely attached and it seems to have been stapled together??!! what the ....

Its looking like I will be taking the headliner down and getting some real fasteners in there. This will also give me chance to finally get a highly needed dome light installed in there as well. Its on the way from ebay...
I posted some photos of the rig but wasnt too sure how to embed them here.
Dave L