Skip to main content
Topic: fresh water overflow (Read 1392 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: fresh water overflow

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 7385
That is really not the correct application I don't think..But I guess my vacuum breakers are like a small Studer Vent.

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: fresh water overflow

Any one ever try a Studer Vent (lets air in but not out)?

Bob Schlieder

Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 10:21 PM

Victor, Where did you get the anti-siphon valves? I haven't found any around here. We finished our adaption today and it worked perfectly but it does require for us to open the valve after filling up the water tank. If we were to change the valve to an anti siphon valve, we wouldn't have to open any handle. I am going to post some pictures we took during the adaption as soon as I download them from my camera. Hopefully, tomorrow. The insulating of the water tank did make the compartment a little smaller but will be well worth it if we don't freeze our fresh water on our hunting trips.

Gail and Dave.
09 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS
11 Jeep Wranger

Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:10 PM

Part of the reason I installed the tiny anti-siphon valves.

Sent: Monday, August 1, 2011 4:37 PM

Be sure to put a note or something somewhere to remind yourself to open them when you start using the pump as well.

Dave Sparke

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 7386
My local RV guy had them and install them frequently and usually on the same coach models. They were cheap!

It might also be we are in SoCal and close to the desert where there is a lot of dry camping so many of us are actually filling and using our tanks all the way.

Under 'normal' usage or weekend trips I would full about 1/2 of my tank, but the issue came to light when I would fill it all the way....And lose about 1/2 of my water tanks.

I found the photos of the vacuum breakers that I uploaded to the group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/photos/album/221748320/pic/809118385/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

The only thing I would say it that to be safe I fill the tank slower than I used to AND you gotta watch you do not overfill it.

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 7387
What's the name of your RV shop. That looks like ideal setup.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kodiak_dutchmen_diesel
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 4:02 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: fresh water overflow

My local RV guy had them and install them frequently and usually on the same coach models. They were cheap!

It might also be we are in SoCal and close to the desert where there is a lot of dry camping so many of us are actually filling and using our tanks all the way.

Under 'normal' usage or weekend trips I would full about 1/2 of my tank, but the issue came to light when I would fill it all the way....And lose about 1/2 of my water tanks.

I found the photos of the vacuum breakers that I uploaded to the group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/photos/album/221748320/pic/809118385/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

The only thing I would say it that to be safe I fill the tank slower than I used to AND you gotta watch you do not overfill it.