Skip to main content
Topic: Camera remount (Read 600 times) previous topic - next topic

Camera remount

Yahoo Message Number: 8142
This the fourth time that I have tried to get this to go. So here goes again.
These are pics of my camera remount. Hope they are useful.
Denny

Re: Camera remount

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8143
Thank you. That is a very nice, clean, solution. Looks like I have a task to add to my list.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8144
, Dennis Bradford  wrote:
This the fourth time that I have tried to get this to go. So here goes
again.
These are pics of my camera remount. Hope they are useful.
Denny

Nicely done !!

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 8145
One thing I wish is the camera was color. The monitor is color capable. Also the visor is a poor place to put the monitor mine being an 06. Anybody know where I can get a center mount?
Denny

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 8880
A couple of questions please. Is that the original camera remounted to the outside? How did you determine your monitor is color capable?
Ours is a 2007 Seneca 34SS and the monitor is in the center between the visors, is yours not there? Was it an aftermarket install or factory?
I would like to eventually upgrade the camera or at least remount for better rear view usage.
Thanks, Kev

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 8881
I was able to locate a center mount kit on EBay and it came with a new monitor as well. I have since installed the mount and hooked up the original camera which is B/W. the reason I know that the monitor is color capable is when you adjust the brightness you will notice that the bars are in yellow. The system is a Voyager and only their cameras will be compatible. The camera that you see in the pics was remounted outside. I got tired of having to uncover it to clean the lens and the inside of the view port.
Denny

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 8885
Thanks for the info, guess I will visit the moho and check the brightness indicator for being yellow lol.
I too have removed that cover to clean it up, that will be on the list to do along with a upgrade to the camera hopefully.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 9490
I remounted my camera using a piece of plastic cut to shape as a base
and used J-nuts & bolts to secure it in addition to the original 2 screws. They did not seem to be strong enough to hold the weight of the camera.
The picture is much better and I was able to reposition it such as to give a view over my ATV trailer and traffic behind.
Thanks for the idea to copy.
Kev

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 9495
Can you post some pictures of what you did? I need to do mine.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of quadnkev
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:11 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Camera remount

I remounted my camera using a piece of plastic cut to shape as a base
and used J-nuts & bolts to secure it in addition to the original 2 screws. They did not seem to be strong enough to hold the weight of the camera.
The picture is much better and I was able to reposition it such as to give a view over my ATV trailer and traffic behind.
Thanks for the idea to copy.
Kev

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 9506
I took a couple pictures but do not know how to post them on this site.
I will check out how but some advice from others could sure be helpful. Kev

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 9507
OK, I have a few pics in the "Photos" area do not know how to put them in a thread.

Thanks for the idea to Dennis Bradford, nice mod to do and with a bit of elbow grease not much expense either...

How I measured for the J-nuts was to place blue masking tape at the coach opening/hole for the original camera mount.
This was a few inches up and down from the hole. This is the clear plexiglass area on the original cover.
I had drilled holes in my mount using the original for spacing, then mounted the unit and marked the location to drill holes using the blue tape as a edge guide. I went through my piece and the rear piece on the coach at one time.
Then removed the mount, blue tape and installed the J-nuts and secured with bolts.
I had previously made a hole for the cable grommet mounted the camera swivel piece.
After a bit of up/down aiming it was done.
With the J-nuts it is very solid and secure.

I did find out from Voyager that for my 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS the monitor is color capable and was given the info for a color camera
that will plug into the existing cable.
That info is at work and will update with it.
One just sold at bid for under a 100 bucks but for right now I will go a few trips in black and white.

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 11188
OK have some info to add here, the Monitor and camera info for my 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS is:
Voyager monitor model = AOM562GMTML COLOR CAPABLE NO AUDIO
Voyager B & W Camera = VBCS 150 WHITE BODY

I am upgrading with a color camera bought on EBAY, it is:

Voyager Color Camera = VBCS 150 with BLACK BODY NO AUDIO

This must be an earlier model VBCS150 as it was advertised as no audio. That is fine with me since the monitor does not have sound output.

NOTE: There were four of these in the listing offered at $119 Buy it now and a "make an offer" place too, I offered $50.00 and they took it! So made for a cheap upgrade for me, just hope the unit functions properly.
I bought it yesterday so if interested go take a look, good luck!
Kev

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 11207
The unit came today and looks as if it were new, how nice I expected
a bit of wear and tear. It was just the camera not the mount but that works for me too.
Come the weekend I will have the camera to mount and I am going to stuff my mirrors with the foam a member spoke of.

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 11210
I used foam behind the mirrors on my last rig. It did help with the vibration but it eventually rubbed through the reflective coating on the back of the mirrors.

I would check to make sure the foam doesn't touch the coating on these rigs.

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 11215
Thanks for that bit of info, maybe put the sponge in a baggie or something like that possibly?
I bought a couple car wash sponges, about 4 x 8 x3 did you use that size or cut them in half?
Kev

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 11218
The last rig was a different make with a different style of mirror.

Just trying to warn people to check to make sure the foam doesn't contact the backside of the mirror.

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 11237
I mounted the Color camera over the weekend and it is so much better than the B&W original unit. Well worth the time expense and effort.
Kev