Skip to main content
Topic: Rear spring upgrade (Read 2298 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rear spring upgrade

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 14609
Yes, I had to adjust the headlights. I may have mine set to high. When I am on my porch with headlights on low beam. They almost blind me.
Should have mentioned you wanted a Dirt Devil. I have one I want to sell. We switched over to a compact Shark. Takes same amount of room as attachment for Dirt Devil.
Same thing with our GS. Along with that Water Heater is also near there. I added a water heater bypass last week. Thought I had all the water out of heater when I broke the water lines. About 2 gallons of water got on the floor. Converter is in this same compartment. I would not work when I turned power back on. Ordered a new converter. I took the PD converter apart a couple of days later. Dried every thing out. And cleaned some corrosion. Bench tested it. Then installed it back in RV. Seems to be working OK. But will install new one when it arrives. Russ Hill had a similar failure from a water heater leak. Sometime later he lost the converter while on a trip. Just happened to be at my place. We drove down to Marshall, MI and got him another converter. When we installed it. Put it on some risers that has converter setting a little over 1" off floor. Also allows converter to run cooler.
Are you going to be in AZ again next winter? We will be back, but not at same RV park.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 14632

Made it from NC to CT and have a little over 800 miles on the new springs. I like them and am happy I spent the money to upgrade.

There is a lot less of the top heavy rocking when turning into dipping driveways. I hit some bad ones and the wife's dishes all stayed stacked in the cabnets. As far as the push from fast moving vehicles passing... it is all but gone :) I did feel a little push from a couple fast moving trucks, but think that was me just being a little hyper-sensitive.

The roads coming up here ranged from super to horrible. In the past, horrible roads always tossed things in cabnets around, and even out. Even though some of the potholes and broken pavement rattled my teeth... nothing. Worse thing that happened was my day/night shades dropping down a little.

I think that the major improvement in ride comes from the rear suspension no longer bottoming out on the bumpstops. I think I could improve the ride by getting the four corners weighed and lowering the pressure in the tires. I have been running 115 in the front and 105 in the rear... high I'm sure but I was runniing high trying to reduce the sway.

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 14633
Glad to hear the trip is going well Billy. We're a bit over 3,000 miles into our trip and the Koni's are still doing the job well. So far things have gone well, I've had to replace the Shurflo water pump and the inlet check valve, but that's pretty minor.

Two months on the road so far and about three weeks to go.

Take care,
Greg