Skip to main content
Topic: Settings for Koni Adjustable & bump stops (Read 434 times) previous topic - next topic

Settings for Koni Adjustable & bump stops

Yahoo Message Number: 7658
Hi all,

Just bought my second Seneca. It is a 2006 34ss This one has all the suspension goodies on it, Supersprings, track bars, sway bars, and Konis. The fronts are golds and the rears are adjustables. Anyone know what the recommended setting is for the adjustable shocks? I know it isn't full stiff, which is what the owner had it set to! Additionally, has Timbren suspension aeon blocks. The sucker is pretty bouncy. I am thinking to soften the shocks and potentially put the stock bump stops back in. Any opinions? Thanks,

Fred

Re: Settings for Koni Adjustable & bump stops

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7659
Go to KONI's web site www.koni-na.com and it will give you the instructions on how to change the ride. We left ours at factory default and the ride is very good. Also check your tire pressure and set them according to the load chart from the tire manufacturer not what is on the door post, that made a huge difference as well.

Dave Sparke

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7664
Thanks very much for the help. Any idea on the factory default settings?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7666

I had them installed and the mechanic just left them the way they came out of the box.

I would call KONI, they should be able to tell you where "center" is, based on the number of turns either cw or cc.

Dave Sparke

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7674
I took 1.5 turns out of the rear shocks it is much better. Additional, I took the front aftermarktet bump stops out of the front and it is much better. I might take out the rear later....