Skip to main content
Topic: a few questions (Read 626 times) previous topic - next topic

a few questions

Yahoo Message Number: 8957
I have a few questions

1. I have a 2006 Seneca 35GS, is the side door grab handle supposed to light up? If so how to you access the bulb?
2.I am going to swap out the shocks for the Koni's and was thinking of adding a set of airbags to help with I pull my jeep on the trailer. What air bag kits are ya'll running?

Thanks
Ronnie

Re: a few questions

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8958
Can't address the air bags, but the handle does not light up.

Ronnie Hartzog  wrote:

I have a few questions

1. I have a 2006 Seneca 35GS, is the side door grab handle supposed to light up? If so how to you access the bulb?
2.I am going to swap out the shocks for the Koni's and was thinking of adding a set of airbags to help with I pull my jeep on the trailer. What air bag kits are ya'll running?

Thanks
Ronnie

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8961
I have Firestone Ride Rite kit # 2362 on my Kodiak. One of the best places to buy is Summit Racing.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 8962
Are you using any type of air compressor kit or just manually inflating? Do you have to deflate them before leveling?

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:16 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: a few questions

I have Firestone Ride Rite kit # 2362 on my Kodiak. One of the best places to buy is Summit Racing.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 8964
My Kodiak chassis has a air compressor installed under the driver side door. There is a control switch inside the cab to adjust air pressure. I have never deflated them to level motorhome.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 8970

Airbags will NOT help your Jeep towing as there is zero.tongue weight asuming you are flat.towing and I would argue thay IF you think you need airbags something is wrong.
If you are pulling a trailer (i pull a 7k one) and you need airbags you are already way overloaded. If you cannot get you load correct on some scales with a load distributing hitch you are way off. I tried 1200#s on my hitch directly and had no sag to speak of and my rear axle.would have been way overloaded.
Airbags only mask your real SAFETY PROBLEM: SEVERE OVERLOADING.
Konis + load distribtion hitch + correct weight and loading = Safe Trailering. Other than that you are a menace on the road.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 8973
I have 2 different jeeps that I pull on my trailer depending on where I am going. I have a built 06 Rubicon that pulls like a dream when on the motorhome, I also have a 82 CJ7 on 44" tires that pulls ok but not as well as the rubicon. I have tried moving it forward on the trailer and it seemed to make it worse, I have tried to move it back on the trailer but it is as far back as it can go. That helps some, I plan to order a set of the Konis and see how that does.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Victor Burns
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:03 PM
To: Kodiak Kodiak; ronjhall@...
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: a few questions

Airbags will NOT help your Jeep towing as there is zero.tongue weight asuming you are flat.towing and I would argue thay IF you think you need airbags something is wrong.
If you are pulling a trailer (i pull a 7k one) and you need airbags you are already way overloaded. If you cannot get you load correct on some scales with a load distributing hitch you are way off. I tried 1200#s on my hitch directly and had no sag to speak of and my rear axle.would have been way overloaded.
Konis + load distribtion hitch + correct weight and loading = Safe Trailering. Other than that you are a menace on the road.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 8974
Have you tried towing the CJ backwards on the trailer?
Denny

On Apr 26, 2012, at 8:17, "Ronnie Hartzog" georonnie@...> wrote:

I have 2 different jeeps that I pull on my trailer depending on where I am going. I have a built 06 Rubicon that pulls like a dream when on the motorhome, I also have a 82 CJ7 on 44" tires that pulls ok but not as well as the rubicon. I have tried moving it forward on the trailer and it seemed to make it worse, I have tried to move it back on the trailer but it is as far back as it can go. That helps some, I plan to order a set of the Konis and see how that does.

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Victor Burns
To: Kodiak Kodiak;

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 8975
I haven't yet but it is on the do list

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dennis Bradford
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:33 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Cc:

Have you tried towing the CJ backwards on the trailer?

Denny

On Apr 26, 2012, at 8:17, "Ronnie Hartzog" georonnie@...> wrote:

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.comOn Behalf Of Victor Burns
To: Kodiak Kodiak;

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 8983
Ron:

I pull a 1975 FJ40 Landcruiser behind my 34SS Seneca. Or I pull a 1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser on the same trailer. I have Koni's and I haven't had a problem if I don't put too much weight on the tongue. I am getting ready to put an equalizer hitch on the MH which I understand helps a lot. The greatest improvement I have made to date was to put radials on the trailer. Before the radials it was truly a nightmare to drive. When the radials went on the difference was like night and day.

Sherm

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 8987
Wow fj 40. Had two new and best 4wd ever produced. Wish I still had one.

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 8990
A Rubicon is a great machine. My buddy has one with a six speed. Also, it is nice to have the 4:1 T-case and the lockers covered by a factory warranty. My lockers and 4:1 are after-market (ARB and Advanced Adapters). They have worked well for many years and I have no complaints. And, the coil spring suspension on the Rubicon sure makes for a nice ride. All that said, I have had my FJ40 for about 30 years. I don't anticipate giving it up until I die. My kids are already fighting over it. I think I might just be buried in it and save my wife all that strife. I am headed to Moab next weekend for the Cruiser Jeep Safare (CruiseMoab). Maybe we will see you on the trail sometime. What do your rigs look like?

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 8991
Oops, still learning about this site. Sorry, Dane I got mixed up. I know where there is one that is supposed to be for sale. In fact I have a fellow Cruiserhead that has two or three newer models he is thinking of selling.

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 9087
A couple friends and I built a motorhome on the back of a 06 Kodiak. One friend has molds for a 1970 La Spree, it looks a lot like a Born Free. It is painted GREEN. You will know it when you see it.

I put on---- 4 inch exhaust, a ppe tuner, Oir bags on all four corners, No springs, it works great. A swamp cooler for out west.

At 105 thousand miles I put on a new set of tires. The drive wheels were getting thin. The steering could have gone another 20,000 miles.

How many miles do you usually get out on a set of tires???

Carl