Skip to main content
Topic: Gulf Stream Leveling jack location? Slide Question (Read 613 times) previous topic - next topic

Gulf Stream Leveling jack location? Slide Question

Yahoo Message Number: 6103
Q. 1 I noticed that my driver side leveling front jack is on th inside of my frame, whereas my passenger side is on the outside of the frame. Anyone else have a Gulf stream (mine is a 04 endura 6316) and see this as well??

Q. 2 - I need to have my ignition on to move my slide out and the motor running to have it come in, Is this normal??

I just purchased the moho and the above 2 things seem odd to me...

Thank you!!

Re: Gulf Stream Leveling jack location? Slide Question

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6104
Attachments :

This is just a guess, but I would do a load test on your chassis batteries. According to my manual, the batteries need sufficient charge to work the slides. I'm wondering if you were on the edge going out and not enough charge left to get them back in w/o help from the alternator. My '05 GS came with the slides wired to the house batteries but I have since changed that so I can run the slides in/out from the chassis batteries with the engine running. On my '05 (looks like the original batteries) one is fine but one is on the edge of needing to be replaced.
    Greg
    Mn

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of wesinls
    Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:50 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Gulf Stream Leveling jack location? Slide Question

Q. 1 I noticed that my driver side leveling front jack is on th inside of my frame, whereas my passenger side is on the outside of the frame. Anyone else have a Gulf stream (mine is a 04 endura 6316) and see this as well??

Q. 2 - I need to have my ignition on to move my slide out and the motor running to have it come in, Is this normal??

I just purchased the moho and the above 2 things seem odd to me...

Thank you!!

Reply #2
    Yahoo Message Number: 6107
    I have a 2006 Endura GS 6331 and my left front is mounted on the
    inside. I never tried the sliders with the key on. When I park I level
    first, must turn off my ignition. If I don't a alarm will beep and the
    pump won't work. Chuck and The Newfy Boys

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 6108
    My 6340 has all jacks mounted outside frame on a 2" thick piece of channel iron. Moving slide and jacks requires that trans be in park and ignition off.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 6109
    I do not know about how the jacks are positioned, on my it is different and I figure every floor plan would be little different.

I do know however, and this is true on Jayco 36MS and it was true on my Minnie Winnie as well, the slides are powered by the battery of the couch, that is why when trouble shooting, or testing they always recommend keep the truck running.
    If it does go out but no in without running it could be that the battery it is not holding enough charge.
    Just a though and my 2 cents.
    thanks
    Mo

Reply #5
    Yahoo Message Number: 6112
    My 05 6316 has the same jack locations. They obviously locate things where space is available. Chassis components take precedence.

The ignition must be on to run the slide in either direction. Engine running is optional. The slide frequently needs help by pushing from the outside to retract. Also, the parking brake must be set, the driver's seat must be forward, and the transmission must be in park. The slide is connected to the coach batteries. I would rather they be connected to the chassis batteries but would like to have a wiring diagram to start this project. I've been unable to attain one.

The owners manual states that the ignition must be off to run the slide. Gulfstream documentation is poor. But I bought for price, and what I thought was a quality build.

Charles

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 6115
    If your coach is wired like mine ('05 6340), the wiring change to have the slides run off of the chassis batteries was simple. I tested for voltage as I went to make sure everything was as I anticapted. The circuit breaker for the slide is in the outside compartment just behind the driver. The breaker that controlled my slides is the closest to the front of the coach. Right behind that breaker on the underside of the coach is the emergency start solenoid and battery isolator. I removed the battery cable from the sequence of breakers in that compartment running from the coach batteries and swapped it to the chassis battery side of the emergency start solenoid. Took longer to figure out how it was wired than making the actual change. The battery cable previously used was even long enough.

Hope this helps. I can take some pics if needed. It's inside of our buidling at work weekends while I'm working on swapping all the woodwork, so no problem getting some shots.
    Greg
    MN