Skip to main content
Topic: Leveling Jacks - Need Help - Endura 6316 (Read 663 times) previous topic - next topic

Leveling Jacks - Need Help - Endura 6316

Yahoo Message Number: 6114
Hey All,

If anyone has an Endura with the Equilizer Systems jacks, I have a huge favor to ask...Like I said in a previous post, we just bought the moho and are working out the bugs. The jacks look like they have been rigged somehow, along with the slide. But for now, I'm just working on the jacks =).

Ok, so my favor.

Look at this:
http://billetled.com/moho/jacks.jpg

You can see in the pic a blue and an orange wire - My guess is these were added when an issue came up with the jacks...The orange wire is the only wire being utilized, My guess is that the red wire should be the we to power the unit, but I'm not sure? The red wire never gets power, no matter what position the key is in. What I'd like to see is a pic of what someone eles's looks like / how the wires are ran...There are 3 bolts and the cover comes of easy.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Leveling Jacks - Need Help - Endura 6316

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6116
I will look at my jack control and get pictures tomorrow. The wires look like mine. There is a wire in mine that is not used.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6117

I realized what the blue and red wire should / now are doing...When the ignition is on, the blue wire gets power and when hooked up to the red wire, it keeps the jacks from functioning, as it should.

I am trying to verify the jacks are wired correctly, which they maybe, because when driving down the road the jack controller will beep sometimes. Might just be a loose connection?

I plan to clean up some dirty connections tomorrow.

Thanks all!!!

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6118
Attachments :

When you hear the beep, does one of the 'jack down' lights flash also? May be a plunger switch going bad. Located on the jacks to indicate they are down. Replaced one of mine right after I bought the coach.
    Greg

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Wyatt S.
    Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 5:42 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Leveling Jacks - Need Help - Endura 6316

I realized what the blue and red wire should / now are doing...When the ignition is on, the blue wire gets power and when hooked up to the red wire, it keeps the jacks from functioning, as it should.

I am trying to verify the jacks are wired correctly, which they maybe, because when driving down the road the jack controller will beep sometimes. Might just be a loose connection?

I plan to clean up some dirty connections tomorrow.

Thanks all!!!

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 6120
    Early years of the Kodiak Super C's had switches to indicate each jack was up. Latter years a timer was used to say jacks are up. One of my jacks connectors broke and was intermittent until it completely broke off. Connection where not taped with a good quality tape. Took all connectors apart and cleaned up corrosion. Used a better quality tape to complete job. Have not had a problem since. While do the wiring I also put some spray lube in the little boots on switches. I had one switch that would not indicate jack was not retracted.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #5
    Yahoo Message Number: 6128
    Checked out my wiring. Only wire connected to PC board is a orange wire. I have a red wire in the harness. But it is not hooked to anything. Of course there is the terminal that plugs into PC board. Those wires go to switches and valves.
    I have uploaded some files to the files section of this forum.
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/files/Gulf%20Stream/
    Looking threw my files I cannot find the file that show how other wires are hooked to PC board. Will keep looking.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 6130

Thank you so much Ron.

On a side note I've added a PDF to this e-mail for Onan generator troubleshooting...Someone gave it to me a few days ago and I figure the group would also benefit from the file.

Reply #7
    Yahoo Message Number: 6132
    Thanks for the file.
    Anyone that has a QD5500 generator should download this manual. It is too big to put in our file section.
    Best
    Ron Hall