Skip to main content
Topic: Normal life for roof membrane? (Read 505 times) previous topic - next topic

Normal life for roof membrane?

Yahoo Message Number: 10639
I am having some leak issues on my 2008 Four Winds Class C coach. It is in the typical location (above the cab). Ive had it repaired once, but the leak still persists. Im leaning toward having a seal tech test done, but I was wondering how long the rubber roof membrane is supposed to last. While I dont want to incur the cost if I dont have to replace it, if I am already going to incur some expense i am wondering if I should just go ahead and replace the full membrane if I am going to have to do it in a couple years anyway.

Any help would be appreciated! Also, if anyone knows a reputable RV repair shop in the SF Bay area (I'm in Petaluma, CA...about 40 miles north of SF)

Thanks

Re: Normal life for roof membrane?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10640
Most if not all have a 12 yr warranty.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of William Roland
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:51 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Normal life for roof membrane?

I am having some leak issues on my 2008 Four Winds Class C coach. It is in the typical location (above the cab). Ive had it repaired once, but the leak still persists. Im leaning toward having a seal tech test done, but I was wondering how long the rubber roof membrane is supposed to last. While I dont want to incur the cost if I dont have to replace it, if I am already going to incur some expense i am wondering if I should just go ahead and replace the full membrane if I am going to have to do it in a couple years anyway.

Any help would be appreciated! Also, if anyone knows a reputable RV repair shop in the SF Bay area (I'm in Petaluma, CA...about 40 miles north of SF)

Thanks

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10641
Most have 10 or 12 years warranty. Mine is TPO and is a 2007 coach. The membrane is in good shape, but I did just spend $1800 having it seal tech tested and resealed. I had a bunch of water in the endcap. They re-did the seals on the side of the endcap, cleaned and re-sealed all roof seams, replaced some molding over the screws and sealed all marker lights and tail lights.

The seal tech test cost $119 and it's something I will be doing annually from now on. I had it done at a Camping World about 90 miles away. There is a local store/shop, but they don't have a good reputation like the other one so I drove the distance.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10655
Its likely not the rubber roof but rather where the rubber roof joint meets the front wood / fiberglass. That joint requires some maintenance.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:51 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Normal life for roof membrane?

Thanks