Skip to main content
Topic: A Waltz Across West Texas (Read 579 times) previous topic - next topic

A Waltz Across West Texas

Yahoo Message Number: 10727
After viewing this presentation sent to me by a friend,  my first thoughts were about our Group Members spending the winter in Texas.  I concluded I'd share it with them.  DonBegin forwarded message: Subject: Fwd: A Waltz Across West Texas
THIS VIDEO IS OUTSTANDING
Subject: A Waltz Across West
 Texas Wyman, the photographer, used to live in the old jail in Benjamin, TX. The photo of the coiled rattlesnake appeared on the cover of a wildlife magazine in the 80's.
He said, there were times he crawled a long way on his belly to get a good shot of a wild animal.
The music is by Doug Smith.
Doug is from Petersburg , Texas and lives south of town. Doug plays by ear- He cannot read music, but has many CDs.
A pickup accident left Doug paralyzed and he does not play anymore. Most of the pictures were taken in the rolling plains (cap rock to Seymour , the Fork, 6666, and Waggoner Ranches. There are some scenes in Palo Duro Canyon .
Please take a moment and view....I don't know if I've ever come across such a skillful combination of music and amazing animal and landscape photography.
The changes in the tempo perfectly compliment the scenery. It is simply a beautiful portrayal of our magnificent home state!
Click here: Wyman Meinzer's West Texas

Oklahoma ideas

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10734
Hi all,

We're going to try a different route to Denver this spring and looking for some ideas. We usually leave NC and head towards Charleston, W Va and west on 64 and 70 all the way to Denver.

I'm thinking of going 40 west thru Oklahoma and cutting up to 25 from Amarillo, TX.

We should have a few extra days going thru OK to do some sight seeing. Having never been there, I'm starting from scratch so any recommendations are welcome along with whatever cautions are needed.

We'll probably be traveling the first week of May by the looks of things.

Take care,
Greg

Re: Oklahoma ideas

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10735
Do you have kids? Ages?
We have family in OK, and have spent quite a bit of time there...central OK primarily.

Chester Hull

Re: Oklahoma ideas

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 10737
If you're into this kind of thing, there's a pretty neat Cowboy Museum in OKC, http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org/.

If you like Mexican food at all, and you're near Edmond, OK, you HAVE to go to Ted's Cafe Escondido (www.tedscafe.com). Their concept of how mexican food should be is better than any other I've ever had (and I've had a lot!)

Those are two things that come to mind off the top of my head.
I've got small kids, so we have typically done things that are geared for them.

Good luck!