Skip to main content
Topic: Coach Battery Shutoff Switch (Read 481 times) previous topic - next topic

Coach Battery Shutoff Switch

Yahoo Message Number: 2466

I need some expert help on a problem... my battery shut off switch located by the coach door on my 2007 Dutchmen has a green light that is lite all the time, regardless of whether I depress the "disconnect" or "connect" on the switch. The light has a small set of wires connecting it to power. There are also 4 other switch wires that go to the switch, and this morning I disconnected ALL of the wires. I still have power to the coach, ie. ceiling lights, water pump, levelers, etc. even tho all the wires are disconnected. Does anyone have advice to fix the problem. Obviously the disconnect switch is not disconnecting anything.

Thanks,

Denny

Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession.

Re: Coach Battery Shutoff Switch

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2467

FWIW, I found the problem. The light stays "on" when the fuse on the negative post of the solenoid under the bed is blown. Replaced the 5 amp fuse and the green light went off when the disconnect was pressed, and vise-versa.

Denny

Re: Coach Battery Shutoff Switch

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2468
Of course, this was all explained in the manual - wasn't it? :) I won't say I'll eat my shirt if it was, but I will be really surprised.

Don

(at KOA in Indianapolis. Last night in Manchester TN just a few miles from Murfreesboro where a tornado hit and killed a woman and her 9 week old child. Saw some of the damage as we drove through Murfreesboro on I-24. It cut right across I-24 and last night they reported the highway was closed as cars and trucks has been flipped. I was surprised how it could virtually blow a brick home to pieces. We had heavy rain, hail and very high winds in Manchester. No damage it appears. This wind sure kicks the beans out of MPG. Just under 7 today. That included the Mont Eagle climb. )

On 11-Apr-09, at 1:40 PM,