Skip to main content
Topic: Seneca 35GS Owners Water Leak (Read 537 times) previous topic - next topic

Seneca 35GS Owners Water Leak

Yahoo Message Number: 12531
Seneca 35GS owners. I am fighting a roof water leak in the bathroom medicine cabinet. It is dripping between the white vinyl ceiling and the roof and only in that spot (inside cabinet corner with outside wall)

I had camping world do a whole roof re-seal and new AC gaskets, there were other minor leaks so it needed to be done anyway. Even after the re-seal I am still getting a little water seepage, I am hoping it is residual.

Anyone have suggestions or same experience? I have a 2007 Seneca

Thank you,
Pat

Re: Seneca 35GS Owners Water Leak

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 12533
I too have a Seneca 35GS. Try looking at these areas....Could leak be where roof cap wraps around to the side wall?, Any vents in the subject area, look at roof penetrations around roof vents.....A large penetration is at the shower skylight, I know it is a few feet away but could water wick up under, and then find it path out thru the medcine cabinet.. Just some ideas from a fellow Seneca owner.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12534
I had everything sealed including the shower cap. Where the motorhome is parked it is slightly sloping to the toilet side so that makes real sense. Hopefully it is residual water. It has been 2 days since the work was done and hasn't been very dry out. CW did a good job of re-sealing.

Thanks

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12536
Not sure what wall you have your plumbing on, but in my Dutchmen the hand tight fitting had worked its way loose and started to leak a little. Took off the inspection panel and viola! problem solved.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:16 PM, "storerps@..."  wrote: