Skip to main content
Topic: Courtesy Lights (Read 488 times) previous topic - next topic

Courtesy Lights

Yahoo Message Number: 2747
On my 2008 Seneca, I cannot flash the bright lights to let someone
know they are clear when passing, without the lights turned on. Also
when I pass someone and they flash their lights letting me know I am
clear, the courtesy switch (flashes the running lights as a "thank you") does not work without the lights on. I find this to be a minor
problem and wondering if anyone has addressed this and if so, what did
you do?

Bob Barbee
2008 Jayco Seneca 34SS
2006 Colorado 4X4 Crew Cab

Re: Courtesy Lights

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2748
The kodiak doesn't have the high beam flash option. When I pass and get a courtesy flash I just hit the emergency flasher button on top of the steering wheel cowl.. I usually drive with the headlight switch in the park position with the high beams on through the multifuction lever. When I am passed I just turn on the headlight switch momtarily. It has worked for me. I also wired in a momontariy off switch into the DRLs. They don't seem to be as effective as the method that I have mentioned previously.
Dennis

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2009 3:23:32 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Courtesy Lights

On my 2008 Seneca, I cannot flash the bright lights to let someone
know they are clear when passing, without the lights turned on. Also
when I pass someone and they flash their lights letting me know I am
clear, the courtesy switch (flashes the running lights as a "thank you") does not work without the lights on. I find this to be a minor
problem and wondering if anyone has addressed this and if so, what did
you do?

Bob Barbee
2008 Jayco Seneca 34SS
2006 Colorado 4X4 Crew Cab

Re: Courtesy Lights

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2749
, Dennis Bradford  wrote:
The kodiak doesn't have the high beam flash option. When I pass and get a courtesy flash I just hit the emergency flasher button on top of the steering wheel cowl.. I usually drive with the headlight switch in the park position with the high beams on through the multifuction lever. When I am passed I just turn on the headlight switch momtarily. It has worked for me. I also wired in a momontariy off switch into the DRLs. They don't seem to be as effective as the method that I have mentioned previously.

Dennis, I basically do the same as you, except I do not have the DRL's disable switch. I can turn light switch on and off and people cannot tell the difference, so the brights is all they see. I turn the lights on, flash the brights, then turn the lights off. The emergency flasher is probably a good thing for signaling "Thanks".

I think what I am considering is some type of wiring to allow flashing the brights without turning the lights on and rewiring the courtesy switch to work all the time. I have no idea if this is possible but am going to look into it.

Bob