Skip to main content
Topic: Basement storage door gaskets (Read 541 times) previous topic - next topic

Basement storage door gaskets

Yahoo Message Number: 11620
Does anyone have an o7 6362 with leaking doors???

It seems there is a leak maybe around the door gaskets letting road debris into the storage compartments especially infront of and behind the rear passenger wheel.

The gaskets have been cleaned and appear to be in good condition but the situation continues.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Re: Basement storage door gaskets

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11625
My doors had leaks. Adjusted the door latches to get a better seal. Also required that I adjust a couple of the adjoining panels. Does your MH have side opening door?
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11627
The door in front of the wheel is a side opening while the one behind the wheel is a top opening and both are leaking.

The side and top opening doors in front of the door are tight and not leaking.

Just wonder if a thin piece of foam rubber would seal it up??

Thanks

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11631
Are the door seals actually leaking, or are you finding water in the compartments?

I had damp carpets a lot, and I kept messing with the door seals. Turns out that the tips and edges of the boxes weren't actually sealed! I pulled out the carpet and used some spray foam to make sure each seam was sealed, and that finally fixed the problem.

Even though the seams "looked" like they were sealed, there was enough crack to allow spray from the wheels to get in.

Good luck!

Chester Hull

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11633
I really don't know if the seals are actually leaking.

However, I placed a piece of cardboard in the very front of the compartment and the dirt and road debris was contained by the cardboard.

I don't have water per say, maybe just a little moisture but I am covered with road dust and debris.

Maybe I need to check the boxes them selves.

Thanks

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 11635
Putting a high density foam may help.
Best
Ron Hall