Skip to main content
Topic: New Michelin XZE Load H's (Read 440 times) previous topic - next topic

New Michelin XZE Load H's

Yahoo Message Number: 8779
I've collected my Ultra from storage the other night, reconnected the house and chassis batteries everything fired back up perfectly. The bedroom slide creeped out about 8" in the past 5 months again.
Took it down for new Michelins. I went with the 245 70R19.5 Load H. Would have went with G's but they weren't in stock...he said I wouldn't save anything in cost either. Got the safety and emissions done and an oil change. I'll hit the fuel filter today. The tire shop aired them up to like 120...felt like a rougher ride then I remember. I'm going to drop them down to 95 as the chassis door recommends for tire pressure. Looking at the load/pressure charts that should be more then adequate.

Re: New Michelin XZE Load H's

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8781
The only way to determine proper tire pressure for your tires is to have all 4 corners weighed. Then use the inflation charts. Until then I would run 5 to 10 PSI over the door amount.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8783
My Michelin tire inflation tables indicate that at 120 psi you can support (evenly distributed) 9880 lbs on the front axle and 18,750 lbs on the rear axle. My guess is that your actual axle weights are considerably less and you can probably drop the 120 psi substantially. As Ron indicated - weigh all four corners and compare to the table - and adjust accordingly. Both over and under inflated tires cause problems.

I've attached the Michelin tables.

Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 8785
I would suspect that you have a leak in the hydraulic system to the rear slide. Possibly in the lines or cylinder. I would check under bed for oil leaking under there.
Best
Ron Hall