Skip to main content
Topic: Gulfstream Super C's (Read 722 times) previous topic - next topic

Gulfstream Super C's

Yahoo Message Number: 465
Can anyone comment on the Gulfstream 33 footers,
particularly the 6319YK with a full wall slide?
This gasser unit is on the Kodiac 4200 with a
claimed 19,500 GVWR and 26,000 GCWR.

Thanks.... Don B

Re: Gulfstream Super C's

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 467
We have friends that have this model. Except it is a Duramax diesel.
handles good. They have had no problems with the slide. Only complaint
they had was storage compartment where electrical was hooked up. Had a
lot of exposed connectors. The have since installed a Lexan cover over
the connectors. It will be on a Chevy C5500 Kodiak Chassis.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 481
-I highly suggest you go to the Gulfstream factory before you buy to
see the shoddy workmanship they put out as well as the filth they are
working in. I do not see how they have any quality control in that
enviroment. It is real BAD! Dane

-- In KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com, "dpbbjc"  wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 482
As I've said for about 3 years now, Larry, Curly and Moe handle the quality control for all RV manufacturers. If they were making cars and they made them like they make motorhomes, they'd all be out of business by now.

Don

On 23-Jan-08, at 9:12 PM, dane.goodwin wrote:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 484

Don,

If the RV manufacturers were required to build RV's like autos are built, they would still make money and have happier customers. Think how much it costs them to "fix" the problems they create for themselves.

I'll have to introduce Oxie Morone to Larry, Curly, and Moe... he'll fix'm for good, and teach 'em a ting or too, I'll bet!! And if not, he'll turn Leena on 'em!!

Denny

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 485
I've argued several of those points with them at Winnie. Also suggested that their dealers are hopeless and what they should do is get together with some of the other major maufacturers and build 20 to 40 consoidated service centers around North America - and these locations would really know what the heck they were doing and could service the entire MH - house and engine/chassis. I suggested they'd have MUCH happier customers. Well the answer was simple. Won't do it because we want our customers to see our new products when they take their MHs back to the dealer for service.

They didn't understand that a po'd customer who has to wait 8 weeks after calling for an appointment isn't going to be happy enough to buy another. If Jayco tells me they won't let us take it to Indiana in April, I'm simply going to tell them that they are unlikely to find me buying another Jayco AND if I have trouble getting into my dealer they both had better think about a breach of contract legal action. IMO a judge might just look at them as ask - "how long did you have to wait to get your MH in for fixes (8 weeks) and how long did they keep it to fix those simple items (2 to 3 months).

Don

On 23-Jan-08, at 10:50 PM,

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 486

Funny, I never thought of that angle....guess they figured we would be happier with a new piece of junk than an old piece of junk... how clever!! Your idea of centralizing service is a good one though, 'cause they all buy the same parts from the same source...China!

Denny