Skip to main content
Topic: Problems with Seneca's power gear Leveling system not working. (Read 619 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with Seneca's power gear Leveling system not working.

Yahoo Message Number: 5108
I have a 2005 Jayco Seneca 34 ss the other day we were getting ready to pack up and leave when I went to retract the jacks the touch pad would not come on, I got on the phone with a Jayco tech and spent about 2 hours trying to figure it out as we were stuck there. Eventually I had to crack / Break the hydraulic lines at the jacks to be able to retract the jacks. I stopped by a Jayco dealer and we replaced the Touch pad thinking that may be the problem but no it was not. I am thinking it may be a fuse but we could not find a fuse for it.
Has anyone had a simular problem and or does anyone know if there is a inline fuse and where it should be. The tech said it should have been on the drivers side kick panel, I looked there and could not find the fuse there.
Not sure if this would mean anything but the touch pad model # is 500675

Problems

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5119
I had this happen on our '08 Seneca two yrs ago. Turns out it was a rusted ground wire on the chassis. There is NO way to retract the jacks in such a situation on a Seneca other than disconnect the lines......a major design flaw by Jayco.......Lew

Seneca's power gear Leveling system

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5167
I received this message from a RV.NET member looking for help with his Power Gear Leveling system. Can someone help. I have a problem and I got your name from an RV.net member. I hope you dont mind me contacting you. Below is a copy ov what I have gone through so far.....

We took a short trip last week. The road to and from the CG was poorly maintained. It was so bad I drove 5mph the entire way. At the CG everything worked fine. It was when we got home that my problems started. I went to level the coach as I always do; shore power hooked up, break set, ignition on. The control panel came on by itself and went through a self test(cycling through all the lights several times), and then every light on the panel lit up and stayed lit. When I say every light, I mean including the jacks down, wait, set brake..... EVERY LIGHT. I've talked with JAYCO, and they tell me there is a relay behind the drivers kick panel. There is a "Product Improvement" that deals with that relay. It's not there. I continued to search the area, and still no relay. Disconnected all power sources for 45min. Reconnected power and..... no change. Searching for loose ground connection. Without a schematic that is difficult. I've removd several panels and spent alot of time on my back underneath the motorhome. Went into the battery/leveler pump compartment tonight, found the ground wire from the pump to the frame. Removed it, cleaned it and reinstalled. Found a couple of loose connections. Cleaned and tightened. Pulled both batteries, cleaned connections and reinstalled. Still have the same problem, and still can't find that d@%n relay. I would welcome any input you might have. Thanks for taking the time to read my problem.

Gary

Here is a link to his RV.NET thread
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24308163/gotomsg/24308600.cfm#24308600
I have invited him to join our forum.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Seneca's power gear Leveling system

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 5172
I had the same problem not too long ago.
Turn out to be the box/control leveler was loose and hanging on the storage bay.
I posted a note regarding that.
Look under the floor in the storage for a hanging box.
It may be the same problem
Thanks
Mo
Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 22:01:51 -0000
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Seneca's power gear Leveling system

I received this message from a RV.NET member looking for help with his Power Gear Leveling system. Can someone help. I have a problem and I got your name from an RV.net member. I hope you dont mind me contacting you. Below is a copy ov what I have gone through so far.....

We took a short trip last week. The road to and from the CG was poorly maintained. It was so bad I drove 5mph the entire way. At the CG everything worked fine. It was when we got home that my problems started. I went to level the coach as I always do; shore power hooked up, break set, ignition on. The control panel came on by itself and went through a self test(cycling through all the lights several times), and then every light on the panel lit up and stayed lit. When I say every light, I mean including the jacks down, wait, set brake..... EVERY LIGHT. I've talked with JAYCO, and they tell me there is a relay behind the drivers kick panel. There is a "Product Improvement" that deals with that relay. It's not there. I continued to search the area, and still no relay. Disconnected all power sources for 45min. Reconnected power and..... no change. Searching for loose ground connection. Without a schematic that is difficult. I've removd several panels and spent alot of time on my back underneath the motorhome. Went into the battery/leveler pump compartment tonight, found the ground wire from the pump to the frame. Removed it, cleaned it and reinstalled. Found a couple of loose connections. Cleaned and tightened. Pulled both batteries, cleaned connections and reinstalled. Still have the same problem, and still can't find that d@%n relay. I would welcome any input you might have. Thanks for taking the time to read my problem.

Gary

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24308163/gotomsg/24308600.cfm#24308600
 Best
 Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 5173
Gary got his levelers fixed. Dane suggested that he check oil level in leveler reservoir. That got system working.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 5176
Here is a manual with the schematics

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, August 22, 2010 5:01:51 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Seneca's power gear Leveling system

Gary

Best
Ron Hall

Re: Seneca's power gear Leveling system [1 Attachment]

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 5177
Thanks Pete, Just printed it for future reference. (Hope I don't need it though).

Dave Sparke

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 5179
I uploaded the manual to files section of the forum. It appears to be a newer version of the one already in files.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 5181
No problem....good luck.

Sent: Mon, August 23, 2010 9:26:37 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Seneca's power gear Leveling system

Thanks Pete, Just printed it for future reference. (Hope I don't need it though).

Dave Sparke

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 5182
Ron,
On our Four Winds Kodiak C5500 motorhome, we have a different jack system than the Seneca owners. Here are the manuals for the HWH jack system in our coach and another version that might be on some of the units. I have had to use the manual a couple of times to figure out issues with the contol system. You might want to upload these as well.
Peter

Sent: Mon, August 23, 2010 11:07:27 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Seneca's power gear Leveling system

I uploaded the manual to files section of the forum. It appears to be a newer version of the one already in files.
Best
Ron Hall