Skip to main content
Topic: Air Bag install quote (Read 711 times) previous topic - next topic

Air Bag install quote

Yahoo Message Number: 2260
Ok, its taken much too long but I finally got the suspension shop to
give me an estimate for my C5500 rear end suspension.
They suggested firestone airbags, manual inflate(without compressor)
but plumbed for a later compressor install if desired.
Quoted me $1100-1300 installed depending on the amount of drilling
reuired.
I found the airbag price to be around $400 give or take $50. So it
appears the install price is $700-$900. It seems high to me.

What do you guys think?

Roger

Re: Air Bag install quote

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2261

Roger,

It sounds much to high to me. I had firestone airbags installed a couple years ago at a Les Schwab dealership in Tahoe, NV... I don't have the invoice readily available, but I wouldn't have paid more than $200-$300 for the work... $400 tops. As far as drilling, I don't think ANY drilling was involved as there were brackets to fit the C5500 chassis.

Denny

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2262

Roger,

OK, I found the receipt... I had the HD Firestone airbags installed (model 2362 on the invoice). The airbags cost $342.32, and installation was $187.50, tax $26.53, total invoice installed was $556.35. Still half of what your quote was.

Denny

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 2263

Thanks for the quick reply Denny, I need to call them back today(to order parts) if I am going to have the work done as I am leaving for FL on Mar 11. I think I will just have them put on the koni shocks and I'll drive down to FL, and possibly look to have the airbag work done down there.
Roger

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 2264
Roger,

Installation price seems pricey to me. Have you checked with Camping World I know CW has them not sure if they have them for c5500 but worth checking. Check with Firestone there may be no drilling involved. Installation price seems pricey to me. The mods I have made to mine surprised me just how easy installations have been so far no drilling at all.

Mike Swann

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 2265
High price quote.

I am picking up the Seneca that just got the air suspension with heavy
duty air compressor installed today. Dual manual system: $437.50 for
air suspesnion; $308 for compressor, $330 for labor.

This was installed by the local XTV store. This shop is owned by the
local Ford/Chrysler dealer, and they speciallize in customizing trucks
and vehicles.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 2266

Thanks guys, I've already called and opted out of the suspension upgrade, but I am having the Koni Shocks put on. This will allow me to test the difference on my ride to FL, without any other enhancements being done. I looked at the install manual for the Firestone airbags, and it doesn't appear difficult. Now if I only had more free time. I installed my own tow bar frame(roadmaster) and unified tow brake(US Gear) on the Honda CRV, so I think I can handle the airbag install, but for the labor prices you guys found I would let them do it. I just don't have enough time left before my trip to look for another installer.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 2271
Roger, if you find a place that installs them in Florida please let us know the cost and the quality of their work if you have them installed.

How much are you payng for the Koni shocks and how much is installation?

tx

Don

On 26-Feb-09, at 1:00 PM,

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 2272

I will let you know about FL.

No deal on the Koni's, paying reatail $189 each. Not sure of install price, will let you know.

Roger