Skip to main content
Topic: Slide covers (Read 609 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide covers

Yahoo Message Number: 10364
I had a slide cover go bad this last fall so had to replace it. I did it myself and it was very easy. I went on line and ordered the fabric cut to size and fit with the proper edge ribbing for Carefree. I got this all from a site called Tough Tops. They make it very easy with a form to fill out with the measurements and data. Pricing is very reasonable.
This weekend with the help of my son we installed the cover. It went easily and looks good. The original cover was black and was badly deteriorated by the sun. The new cover is of a heavier mill rating and is sand colored to hopefully resist the sun and UV.
I am very happy with the quality of the fabric and the service I got from Tough Tops.
Denny

Re: Slide covers

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10367
I have 2 slide covers and a awning to replace while in TX. Want to join me down there and help with the installation?
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10369
last fall we had the wind play a number on the two driver side slide covers.

at this moment were have 3 new made out of sun screen material by a couple in quartsite.

$220.00 for the three of them. the material is quite a bit heavier and shouldn't flap around as much in the wind.

Ron, we have to be in galvenston, tx for the first of feb, where would you like to meet? to get these awnings/covers installed.

don

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10370
We will be driving through Texas on our way to Tampa around the first on I10 so don't think I can get to you. If I had more time I surely would give you a hand. When I get back home I'll have to have the main awning replaced as the wind got it at aft end and tore it out of the cover slot for about a foot. Where the damage is it can't be repaired.
Denny

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10372
Well I just thought I would ask. I have done a few replacement on RV's. Lots of help here in the RV park we are in. Awning got hit with hail last spring and slide topper are just wore out.
Best
Ron Hall

Motorhome covers

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 10574
Since I'm spending close to $2000 to have the leak damage fixed, I'm thinking it might be time to get a cover for it too. What have you guys done for covers? The "C" class covers won't be big enough, but there are no Super C covers that I've seen. Also, can one person get it on and off?

Take care,
Greg

Re: Motorhome covers

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 10575
We use a cover for a Class A 40' long and strap it down. I'm not spry enough to do it alone. It takes 2 of us.

Bill

2009 MS36

center
From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Greg Gimlick
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:58 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Motorhome covers

Since I'm spending close to $2000 to have the leak damage fixed, I'm thinking it might be time to get a cover for it too. What have you guys done for covers? The "C" class covers won't be big enough, but there are no Super C covers that I've seen. Also, can one person get it on and off?

Take care,

Greg

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 10576
You will spend a bunch of money for a cover that may last a couple of years. If it is normally windy a lot of the year it won't last that long. They will rub on the paint causing abrasions and wear. Been there and done that.
Denny

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 10577

We use a cover for a Class A 40' long and strap it down. I'm not spry enough to do it alone. It takes 2 of us.

I was wondering about a class cover. My 32SS is 34 ft bumper to bu, per if I recall correctly. No way my wife could get on the roof to help me.
__Take care,

Greg

,_._,___

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 10579
I need to pick up my coach tomorrow - i will look at it and see -

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:57 PM

Take care,
Greg

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 10580
I park my coach in an indoor storage place - its expensive but so was the coach. I bet I get my $$ worth in the long run.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:33 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Motorhome covers

You will spend a bunch of money for a cover that may last a couple of years. If it is normally windy a lot of the year it won't last that long. They will rub on the paint causing abrasions and wear. Been there and done that.
Denny

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 10583
Greg, In the 35 years we have owned travel trailers, fifth wheels and motor homes they have all been parked uncovered and we have never had a problem. I just check the roof and seams on a regular basis.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Greg Gimlick
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:37 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Motorhome covers

"Dennis" dbrford43@...> wrote:

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 10584
I would say covers work if you have 2 strong men to put on and removed every time, and I would also say it may work if you take your motor home out to travel 2 times a year, think about how many times you will be doing this a year.
I looked at steel car ports they still look good idea, just have not done it yet.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Greg Gimlick
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:37 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Motorhome covers

"Dennis" dbrford43@...> wrote:

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 10585
I am interested to check out my nose and see if there were any leaks - since it stays indoors most of the time it has not seen any rain in a long time. I am more worried about the effect of the sun on the paint and gelcoat.

I just found a 37' Haulmark with a 66,000GCWR on an M2 Freightliner Chassis I mau purchase. The rocking 500HP Volvo with the 16 speed transmission was little big for what I want. This one may be the good next step.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Motorhome covers

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 10586
We bought a portable RV garage from these guys a couple of years ago and have been very happy with it.
http://www.cover-tech.com/portablegarages.htm
I've had RV covers for previous truck campers before and were never really satisfied, this keeps the sun off in the summer and the rain and snow off in the winter.

Jim Mantle 2005 Gulfstream Endura 6316

Sent: January-29-13 5:58 PM

Take care,

Greg