Skip to main content
Topic: electrical slide motors on a 2008 32' gulfstream (Read 498 times) previous topic - next topic

electrical slide motors on a 2008 32' gulfstream

Yahoo Message Number: 11028
evening all,
I've got a problem for the group... I have a 2008 Gulfstream 32' Conquest with the full length slide and electric slide motors. These look to me like phase locked stepper motors. I was never given a manual for the slide, so I don't know who makes the rig and configuration.

The slide is in the in position and will not move. There is power to the control switch, and the control switch works (tested with meter). The vehicle is in park, the Ebrake is set, and I have nothing. The fuse down in the box at the house batteries is not blown. I have no idea where the heck the brain box for the drive motors is. We bought the extended warranty so I can take it in to my shop, but I would rather fix it, as camping season is upon us.

Anyone have a suggestion?
Morrigan

Re: electrical slide motors on a 2008 32' gulfstream

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11029
Not sure who made your slide system. Have you checked the HD circuit breakers. I have for of them for different items on the MH. Even if you have control power. You may not have motor power. Mine are in one compartment with other electrical controls.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11030
yup, checked those. they're in the house battery compartment.
Morrigan

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 08:57:13 +0000
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: electrical slide motors on a 2008 32' gulfstream

Not sure who made your slide system. Have you checked the HD circuit breakers. I have for of them for different items on the MH. Even if you have control power. You may not have motor power. Mine are in one compartment with other electrical controls.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11031
I would continue to look at the simple things. My 05 Gulfstream must have the ignition in the run position for the slide to work, as well as brake and park. The manual says the ignition must be off. The manual also says the driver's seat must be all the way forward, but this is not the case on mine. Good luck.

Charles

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11032
Have you tried to put it out with the engine running?

Don

Mini

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 11037
yes. No dice, took it to the shop today.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:15:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] electrical slide motors on a 2008 32' gulfstream

Have you tried to put it out with the engine running?

Don

Mini