Skip to main content
Topic: Battery depletion? (Read 709 times) previous topic - next topic

Battery depletion?

Yahoo Message Number: 13503

My wonderful CW service checked my coach and slotted it for later repair, left the house battery connected and completely killed the batteries. They were brand new Trojan T105 cells.
How screwed am I and how much damage was done to these?
~
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Embark TB390 Bunkhouse

Re: Battery depletion?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13504
Attachments :

No worries. Not as bad as you might think.

Here is a chart from Concord on their Lifeline batteries, and these are AGM so your results will vary. Most batteries follow a chart like this but the number on the vertical axis will depend on battery type.

The bottom line - the life of your batteries was reduced, but you should still have plenty of cycles left in them.

Lifeline Battery Chart

Best

Kevin KF5FUZ

Reply #2
    Yahoo Message Number: 13505
    Interesting chart. Looks like normal discharge to will about 1000 charges. Full discharge will give less than 500 charges. Chart does not say if full discharge is done every time or just one time.
    I just finished my battery upgrade. Added 2 additional 12 volt batteries. Ran a test with 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter running TV, Directv, and lights on 12 hours. Voltage had dropped from 12.7 to 12.3. Did not have fridge or any other items on. My major purpose of upgrade was to get furnace to run all night with out generator. Look like it going to get cold enoough to see how that will work soon.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 13507
    Yes I had 2. The new ones are mounted in compartment on opposite of the MH from the OEM ones. On my Endura 6340 there is a blank panel on passengers side of MH. Made a mount that bolts to frame in that compartment. Removed all the spray foam on panel. Made 2 brackets to hold panel in place. This allowed me to open the area up by removing a couple of screws. I will take some pictures later to show others that have a 6340/1 how it was done.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #5
    Yahoo Message Number: 13508
    Thanks I have the 6340 as well.

Douglas Brothers

"ronjhall@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Yes I had 2. The new ones are mounted in compartment on opposite of the MH from the OEM ones. On my Endura 6340 there is a blank panel on passengers side of MH. Made a mount that bolts to frame in that compartment. Removed all the spray foam on panel. Made 2 brackets to hold panel in place. This allowed me to open the area up by removing a couple of screws. I will take some pictures later to show others that have a 6340/1 how it was done.
    Best
    Ron Hall