Skip to main content
Topic: Seneca awning Questions (Read 419 times) previous topic - next topic

Seneca awning Questions

Yahoo Message Number: 6995
Can anyone tell us how sturdy the awning on the Seneca is? Can we leave it out in fairly brisk winds? What about deflappers and tie downs? Does anyone use them? We also have a sunscreen from our old RV, can we use it with this awning?

Re: Seneca awning Questions

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6999
The awning arms are pretty sturdy however they make one hell of a noise in windy conditions and I choose to bring it in just enough to cover the slideout. However I would recommend anything over 20 mph winds I would put all the way in. Never utilize any tie downs and your room should fit if the old slide you use it on is the same size. Dane

Re: Seneca awning Questions

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7002
Has anyone added a wind meter thing to their awning so when the wind picks up it automatically retracts?

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of daneg
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:32 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Seneca awning Questions

The awning arms are pretty sturdy however they make one hell of a noise in windy conditions and I choose to bring it in just enough to cover the slideout. However I would recommend anything over 20 mph winds I would put all the way in. Never utilize any tie downs and your room should fit if the old slide you use it on is the same size. Dane