Skip to main content
Topic: Fuel Gauge Calibration (Read 459 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuel Gauge Calibration

Yahoo Message Number: 7610
Hello everybody, I bought a 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS in February. I noticed right off the gauge didn't track the actual fuel level in the tank very well. The tank is 80 gallon diesel.

I re-calibrated it with my tuning software. It is pretty accurate now, just wondering if this is a common issue.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Fuel Gauge Calibration

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7611
Mine's been pretty close since new. I usually need 18-20 gal at 3/4 tank.

Dave Sparke

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 3, 2011 11:13 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Fuel Gauge Calibration

Hello everybody, I bought a 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS in February. I noticed right off the gauge didn't track the actual fuel level in the tank very well. The tank is 80 gallon diesel.

I re-calibrated it with my tuning software. It is pretty accurate now, just wondering if this is a common issue.

Thanks,
Mike

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7612
Never had an issue
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 15:13:40 -0000
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Fuel Gauge Calibration

Thanks,
 Mike

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7613
Our 32SS was typical of most of the other vehicles we've owned. -- slow to drop for the first quarter tank, then moves pretty fast and always seemed to take a gallon or two less than I expected.

A few vehicles we've had provided a digital indication of fuel used and the number provided was always very close. I had forgotten that the ScanGauge asks for the amount of fuel you put in if it doesn't agree with it's calculation. My son pointed it out to me two weeks ago. Felt a bit foolish. Last fill I put in about a 1.5 gallons more than it indicated.

Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7614
My gauge was stuck at 3/4 full when I bought MH. Had to take it too dealer. They found sender was caught in generator fuel lines. They replaced sender and calibrated it. When gauge reads 1/2 full. It will take 40 gallons. Close enough for me.
Best
Ron Hall