Skip to main content
Topic: Fort Wilderness (Read 460 times) previous topic - next topic

Fort Wilderness

Yahoo Message Number: 7621
Hi all,

We are thinking of going to FL in Dec.

I check Fort Wilderness and Tropical Palm RV resort in Orlando.

I read some reviews, F.Wilderness has some reviews i.e. " to tight, no pull through, can not open slide, noisy, etc..."

The other one seems nice as well.

Anyone w/ experience w/ any of these places.

Greatly appreciated any information.
thank you

Mo

Hope you all had a good holiday.

Re: Fort Wilderness

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7622
Dave Sparke is our resident expert on Fort Wilderness so you will get a very helpful reply from him.

His last post on this forum on the third was probably from Fort Wilderness.

BUT, he left on a Disney Cruise on Sept 4 so you will have to wait until he gets back. I have a feeling that I haven't got enough fingers and toes to count the number of times Linda and Dave have stayed at FW. We travelled south with them last year and then in FLA they headed to Disney while we continued South on I-75. A few days later they sent us some of the photos from Halloween at FW - sure looked like fun.

Don

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7623
Went went to Fort Wilderness two years ago at Thankgiving. I was really pleased with our experience.
No problems with getting into/out of the site, noise or unruly folks. There are no pull-throughs to my
knowledge.
Get hot on your reservations though - we got reservations about six months out and still couldn't get
the entire week.

Regards, Glenn

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7628
i just stayed at Fort-wilderness 3 weeks ago. Have stayed at Tropical Palm in the past. We were in the 100 loop which is the closest to the ferry to Magic Kingdom. We did tow a car with us but the best part of staying on Disney property is once you are parked there is little reason to drive your own vehicle their transportation can take you almost anywhere.

The sites were great had no problems with the two slides.

Good luck we had a blast.

--
Kenneth Schwarz

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7630
Hello from the Disney Dream so this will be quick with a followup on Thurs.

Book either a preferred or premium site and you should have no trouble. We were on 111 and will be returning to 108 and never had any trouble with the 3 slides. Be sure they/you note the unit size and the number of slides.. You will "LOVE" the FORT. Also check out :
www.fortfiends.net. You will gets lots of answers there.

Dave Sparke