Skip to main content
Topic: Bedroom Slideout Problem Fixed (Read 458 times) previous topic - next topic

Bedroom Slideout Problem Fixed

Yahoo Message Number: 5485
The bedroom slideout on my 2007 Jayco Seneca began binding as it was moved in and out. The most severe bind was about a foot from being fully in. Yesterday when I brought it in, I had to push hard from the outside to get the room to move.

Today, I put the room out, emptied the under bed storage area and removed both sections of the false floor to see what was going on. I found two things contributing to the problem: One of the two Nylon glides was not positioned properly. It only partially supported one side and broke an interior frame piece. The result of this was that one side of the bed had dropped down and scuffed back and forth along the carpeting. I re-positioned the glide and repaired the broken floor frame piece (see photo).

The second (and more serious) problem was caused by a loose hex head screw. The bedroom slide mechanism is attached to the underside floor of the slideout with these screws. Unfortunately, there is almost no room for a loose, hang-down screw to fit through the slideout mechanism (see photo). The slideout floor near this mechanism was loaded with aluminum chips and shavings that the screw wore away. I retightened the screw and added some glue to help prevent another back out. I cleaned things up a bit and sprayed some WD-40 and put everything back together.

The result is a slideout that works better than ever. Here's a link to some photos in the Kodiak Galleryhttp://tinyurl.com/26ojkym

George

Re: Bedroom Slideout Problem Fixed

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5487
Glad repairs are complete. Good job George

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, September 19, 2010 4:28:02 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Bedroom Slideout Problem Fixed

The bedroom slideout on my 2007 Jayco Seneca began binding as it was moved in and out. The most severe bind was about a foot from being fully in. Yesterday when I brought it in, I had to push hard from the outside to get the room to move.

Today, I put the room out, emptied the under bed storage area and removed both sections of the false floor to see what was going on. I found two things contributing to the problem: One of the two Nylon glides was not positioned properly. It only partially supported one side and broke an interior frame piece. The result of this was that one side of the bed had dropped down and scuffed back and forth along the carpeting. I re-positioned the glide and repaired the broken floor frame piece (see photo).

The second (and more serious) problem was caused by a loose hex head screw. The bedroom slide mechanism is attached to the underside floor of the slideout with these screws. Unfortunately, there is almost no room for a loose, hang-down screw to fit through the slideout mechanism (see photo). The slideout floor near this mechanism was loaded with aluminum chips and shavings that the screw wore away. I retightened the screw and added some glue to help prevent another back out. I cleaned things up a bit and sprayed some WD-40 and put everything back together.

The result is a slideout that works better than ever. Here's a link to some photos in the Kodiak Galleryhttp://tinyurl.com/26ojkym

George