Skip to main content
Topic: Group Name Change (Read 443 times) previous topic - next topic

Group Name Change

Yahoo Message Number: 12753
Given that Yahoo seems to be having a few problems with glitches at the moment I'm going to hold off for a week or so to make sure our wonderful group doesn't go up in flames and disappear into thin air. :)

Don

Re: Group Name Change

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 12756

Or move it to GoogleGroups
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Jayco Embark TB390
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H - For Sale

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12757
No thanks. You may have noticed I'm phasing out of GMAIL addresses as google scans everything about you it can get its hands on. I don't trust them as far as I can through them. I think Yahoo is or will be doing the same. Apparently Microsoft is now doing the same with its Hotmail that also goes by a number of other descriptions (such as Bell.net in Canada).

The sad part is that if I send an email from a non-gmail account to someone with a gmail account then I still get scanned and when searching with google if they see my email address I get their interpretation of what I want based on their paid subscribers being listed first. I'm glad they finally admitted what they are doing. I think I'd accept NSA scans before google. :)

Don

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12758
Interesting take.....I like the way Google predicts what I want, sends me reminders, notifications etc.
We could simply host our own listserver but then there is no place to store files etc.
It's the metadata that is worth the $ and they all do it.
Victor Burns KI6IM Jayco Embark TB390 Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H - For Sale
Don Leslie ;
To:
;
Subject:
Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Group Name Change
Sent:
Sat, Apr 19, 2014 6:07:21 PM

No thanks.  You may have noticed I'm phasing out of GMAIL addresses as google scans everything about you it can get its hands on.  I don't trust them as far as I can through them.  I think Yahoo is or will be doing the same.  Apparently Microsoft is now doing the same with its Hotmail that also goes by a number of other descriptions (such as Bell.net in Canada).  The sad part is that if I send an email from a non-gmail account to someone with a gmail account then I still get scanned and when searching with google if they see my email address I get their interpretation of what I want based on their paid subscribers being listed first.  I'm glad they finally admitted what they are doing.  I think I'd accept NSA scans before google.  :)Don