Skip to main content
Topic: Equalizer front jacks operate together (Read 952 times) previous topic - next topic

Equalizer front jacks operate together

Yahoo Message Number: 12760
Its been a rough start to this season so far on this thing.
I just recently replaced my hydraulic motor that failed, everything appeared to be working. I didn't actually go under to look at the jacks operating after I replaced the motor but settled with hearing them as well enough. Yesterday when changing the generator oil I used the leveling system to level the coach up a little to get all the oil out, I noticed that both front jacks now operate together. I can't get them to run independently. Any experience with this?

Re: Equalizer front jacks operate together

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 12761
As far as I know, that is how they operate even thought they have separate buttons for the left and right.

To level the coach do your initial left/right leveling with the rear jacks, then if you need more height in the front use the front jacks to level the coach.

Steve
--

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12762

The only trouble I have had with the equalizer jack system was a blown o-ring. With the o-ring blown, running the jacks allowed the fluid to extend the jacks and all four corners of the RV were lifted off the ground. I manually released the pressure to get it back down.
It did not matter if I requested up or down on the jacks the pressure supplied went right into the down position. Even if trying to run an individual jack, the pressure was applied to all four with the same down motion. I started pulling out valves and found a destroyed o-ring, replaced and all was normal. This did happen when running the system in below freezing temps after it had been sitting in freezing temps.
I don't know if your problem could be similar, but throwing it out there.

Roger

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12765
Steve has it right. Front jacks work together. Regardless which front button you push.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 12770
That's the way mine has worked from when I rolled it off the show room floor... That's the way I believe they're supposed to work...

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 12771
This is the proper operation. After the purchase of my Gulfstream Endura I contacted Equalizer and their tech advised me that this was the way they were speced by the chassis manufacturer. All these motorhomes can have issues with breaking or displacing windshields. Owned a 39 Damon Escaper before this rig and poped the windshields out of it twice before I bought this beauty.

To: KodiakChassisClassC
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 6:05 PM
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Equalizer front jacks operate together

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 12773
Ha! All this time I was thinking I was controlling them independently from the cab! Is there a pressure release or something that will keep one of the jacks deploying farther after the other contacts if you're on uneven ground?

Well at least I can check that problem off as fixed.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 12778
yes, they self center (at least on my rig)

morrigan

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 12779
I just replaced the controller on my 2008 for the second time. First time right rear jack wouldn't go up or down. Second time right front jack wouldn't work. After replacement works fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had same problem. $338 for controller each time starts to add up.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 12780

Otherwise it twea lo so the frame too much....hard on the radiator too.
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Jayco Embark TB390
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H - For Sale

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 12781
ssa17 supersprings. Would they lift rear of jayco senaca 2008. I have air bags. Motorcycle lift is on rear. hydralift.

Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:46 PM
To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Equalizer front jacks operate together

Otherwise it twea lo so the frame too much....hard on the radiator too.
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Jayco Embark TB390
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H - For Sale

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 12786
On our 2008 Gulfstream Independence that is the standard operating sequence. The fronts go down together until they touch, then the rears until they touch and then you can do the rears side to side or continue to raise the front. I would like to have individual control for the fronts but there is no space for the buttons on the contol panel. We also cannot lower an individual jack, we have to lower them all fully.

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 12788
Instructions from my Power Gear manual for manual jacks on 32SS:

1. Push "ON/OFF" pad on control panel. The system is now operational and the "ON/OFF" light
will be lit. If "ON/OFF" light is not lit, see "BEFORE YOU OPERATE THE SYSTEM"
conditions on page L4.
2. Push "FRONT JACKS" button until the front of the coach rises at least 3 ". This is important
and necessary to allow the coach to pivot when leveling side to side. If there is insufficient
jack stroke to lift the front of the coach at least 3 inches the coach will have to be moved to an
area with less front to back slope.
3. Push "REAR JACKS" button until jacks contact the ground.
4. If bubble is towards front of coach push "REAR JACKS" button, If bubble is towards rear of
coach push "FRONT JACKS" button. Keep button depressed until bubble is centered in vial
from front to back, then release.
5. If bubble is towards left of coach push "RIGHT JACKS" button, If bubble is towards right of
coach push "LEFT JACKS" button. Keep button depressed until bubble is centered in vial,
then release.
NOTE: The right and left rear jacks are used to level the coach side to side. Pushing
the "LEFT REAR JACKS" pad on the control panel will extend the left rear jack. Pushing
the "RIGHT REAR JACKS" pad on the control panel will extend the right rear jack. The
front jacks are designed to provide a pivot point for the chassis, thus there is no

individual control of the right or left front jacks on 4 jack systems

Don

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 12864
I reread this post and realized I should have said "I cannot raise an individual jack but have to raise all jacks together".