Skip to main content
Topic: Rear end sag fixed (Read 1132 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear end sag fixed

Yahoo Message Number: 12744
My Jayco Seneca 35GS had significant rear end sag. I had SuperSprings installed, as well as Koni shocks all around. What a difference the springs have made. My coach looks a lot more level, and between the shocks and springs, the short ride home seemed like a significant improvement in the ride. I'll give a more detailed report following our next outing, which will give me a longer traveling time to formulate an opinion.

Re: Rear end sag fixed

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 12745
I saw the same thing. I had the Konis installed quite a few years ago. But I just installed the SuperSprings about 6 months ago, and was very happy with the improvement they made. Especially noticed the improvement in windy conditions.
And it raised the rear up. Wish I would of installed them years ago.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12746
That is what everyone says! Those on the higher GVWR chassis had that same issues. My Dutchmen is flat and level even when you fill it with water and hook up the trailer. In my case the Koni shocks made a huge difference in how the springs worked.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Dutchmen Diesel 34H Bunkhouse
Jayco Embark TB390 Bunkhouse

On Friday, April 18, 2014 7:14 AM, "bskeyes@..."  wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12748
We have a 2007 Seneca 36GS and would like to upgrade the springs and possibly the shocks. Can anyone identify exactly which springs were used? I went to the SuperSprings website and I couldn't determine which ones were correct for my chassis.

Thanks,
Randy

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 12751
hi, I have a 2008 fourwinds Kodiak 32b and for the life of me cannot get the supersprings to work due to the coach box metal brakets are in the way to mount them? anybody out there exsperiance this?

On Friday, April 18, 2014 11:13 AM, "storerps@..."  wrote:

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 12769
Have a 2008 Jayco seneca . Like to raise rear end. Have air bags but like to raise it more. You think ssa17 supersprings is the best way to go? My mud flap in rear is close to ground.

Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 7:27 AM
To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Rear end sag fixed

those are the ones i used.

Mark
2006 seneca 34ss

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2014 9:05 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Rear end sag fixed

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 12791
I was very happy with the results. What helped the most was reducing the rocking of the coach when a Semi passes and coming out of a driveway in a parking lot. If you are installing them yourself they are a bit of a bugger to get in there, I ended up removing the rear wheels. Removing the access panel above the rear wheel may provide enough access. Of course the special tool should be used to install, C-clamps by themselves is not as safe.

The Koni shocks upgrade had the biggest impact on the handling, night and day difference.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 12792
Reminder, I have the SuperSprings install tool, available to the group, for just the cost of shipping. It is the hydralic model, the better one of the two.

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 12794
Looking forward to our trip tomorrow which will give me some miles to experience the changes!

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 12799
thinking about supersprings ssa17 someone said. Will it lift the rearend? jayco seneca 2008 36 feet. I have airbags but don't lift as much as I would like. I have hydralift for cycle on rear.

Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:42 PM

Looking forward to our trip tomorrow which will give me some miles to experience the changes!

https://www.supercrvgroup.com/
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4336 / Virus Database: 3722/7213 - Release Date: 03/18/14
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 12800
Someone on here with a Jayco 35GS said they lifted their rear 1.5 to 2 inches. Need them on my 35GS.

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 12801
I'm guessing more like 6 inches based on how much higher off the ground my UltraGuard flap is now.

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 12803
what lifted their rear 1.5 to 2 inches ? ssa17 supersprings? supersprings koni shocks and air bags should do something.

Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:25 PM

Someone on here with a Jayco 35GS said they lifted their rear 1.5 to 2 inches. Need them on my 35GS.

https://www.supercrvgroup.com/
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4336 / Virus Database: 3722/7213 - Release Date: 03/18/14
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 12806
It was my 35gs. I put the supers on last year and gained 11\2 to 2 inches and better sway control. I also reinstalled the air bags that were on from before the supers. I would recommend them to anyone who is having sag or sway problems. Don't forget the tool to install them. Someone here has made a tool available for shipping both ways.
Denny