Skip to main content
Topic: Accuracy of propane tank level indicator (Read 610 times) previous topic - next topic

Accuracy of propane tank level indicator

Yahoo Message Number: 15425
First, I sent this message via email as usual and it has not yet made it to our forum. I know Dave Sparke has experienced the same problem. So this one is coming via the web site at Yahoo. If you encounter the same problem please let me know. Last spring I experienced this problem with posting news at our park in Florida. The messages eventually came through - in some cases three hours later.

-
Anyone have any bad experiences with their propane tank level indicator accuracy?

This evening my son said he felt ours had to be misleading as we've had it for almost 6 years and it still shows FULL.

Our previous MH was over three years old when we traded and the level also showed full the entire time.

We use the stove top and will run the fridge when on the road.

I've always joked that MH's come with a permanently full tank.

Oh, our first MH gobbled propane - when we used the furnace. Lights on the tank indicator moved faster than our speedometer. Since then we've used the small electric heaters (we have only dry camped for a couple of days and in one case it was because the power source was terrible at a race track).

Don

Re: Accuracy of propane tank level indicator

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 15426
I have had problems with messages not appearing ever or later. I now make sure I have a copy of the message before sending.
Propane levels have worked fairly well on my Endura. Have never run out.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 15427
The LP tank indicator on our 2006 Seneca 34SS works well. We've never had a problem in the year that we've had it.

Best to all
Monte and Peg

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 15431
I only have the dial gage on my propane tank, 2005 Jayco Seneca 35GS. No remote gage in the coach LBut, the gage seems to be spot on JBilly  From: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com] Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:28 PMTo: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.comSubject: [SuperCrvgroup] Re: Accuracy of propane tank level indicator    I have had problems with messages not appearing ever or later. I now make sure I have a copy of the message before sending.Propane levels have worked fairly well on my Endura. Have never run out.BestRon Hall