Skip to main content
Topic: Will this help get the manufacturers off their butts? (Read 575 times) previous topic - next topic

Will this help get the manufacturers off their butts?

Yahoo Message Number: 948
Denny, you have to look at the 72+ photos and video with interviews carefully. Maybe we will see some action.

On the forums I've read again and again that MHs are safe and were is the evidence that they aren't and that there are crashes.

Looks like that evidence is out there and NOT good.

http://www.kirotv.com/fatalflaws/index.html

I think there are some inherent handling problems with Class C units that I was going to address but it is clear that safety in a Class C Cab for driver and passenger are much better.

Make sure you look at all the photos and the segments of video.

The irony as they point out is that the ONLY manufacturer prepared to talk about safety (Western - Alpine) went out of biz 2 weeks later.

Don

ps. Some comments to come later on my Jayco visit and on Denny's frustrations (which are shared by so many).

Re: Will this help get the manufacturers off their butts?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 951
Don, Excellent (but spooky) information source, thanks! I do agree that
us Class-C'ers are generally better off safety-wise (at least the pilot
and co-pilot anyway). Bill

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 952

Don,

The main reason that I bought my coach is that my D/W and I are getting older, and the thought of rolling a Class A into a ditch some day almost haunted me, so I bought a "safer" Class C.

Unfortunately, when the roof opening is cutaway, most of the structural roof supports are also cut, so the roof can/will collapse in a rollover.

Denny

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 953

Pretty compelling evidence... ironically, the 1970's video of a crash test was most likely the last crash test ever performed on an RV... and if they crash tested a class A today, it would have the same results... 40 years later.

Denny