Skip to main content
Topic: Slide out help?? (Read 1085 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide out help??

Yahoo Message Number: 14800
So this last weekend while plugged in to 50 amp my rear slide would not come in and my front slide was intermittent. So disconnected from shore power and started the generator and they both worked perfectly fine. Now unplugged and no generator the front (bigger) slide will work fine but the rear smaller will not work? Basically, I am thinking I am chasing a grounding issue and for some reason the ground is good when generator is on??? But would like to know if I'm thinking right or where to start to look?

Btw, house batteries are new this year and good charge...like I said front big slide will function more frequently than rear small one??!!

Ready, go!!

2005 seneca 34ss

Sent from somewhere

Re: Slide out help??

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14802
I have read that you should have the engine running when moving slides, as that will give you a slightly higher operating DC voltage. The alternator is putting out 14 or 14.5 volts, with lots of amperage available, and the voltage is more than the charging circuit will typically supply.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14803
Slides should be powered by chassis batteries and the control board is highly sensitive to power or lack of, so if your chassis battery are not in supper top shape you may have an issue hence the recommendation to always keep engine tuning while moving slides.
Have been there done that now I learned and always good.
Mo

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 14804
Does your motorhome also have slides that are hydraulic? Who is manufacture and model of your motorhome?
I have a spare control panel. But do not plan on getting rid of it until I give up the motorhome.
But If I did not have a spare control panel I would figure out how to wire individual switches to run the jacks.
If you go to Equalizers site there is a installation manual for 4 point manual leveling system. On last page of manual is a drawing that show what each of the valves do. All the wires are on the control panel. Not a easy job. But will be much less than $3 to $4K in parts only.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 14805
There are also documents in the files section of the forum. They are the first 2 under Gulf Stream.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 14806
As intermittent as it is, does anyone know if there is a position/ limit switch on the rear slide out? If so, where is it located?

Sent from somewhere

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 14807
Attachments :

The brains of your slide outs are under the closet in your bedroom next to your water heater. To get at it take your drawers out for access. As far as the switch your referring to, not sure.

Brian

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

Reply #8
    Yahoo Message Number: 14808
    I was having problems with slides not moving. Pump was running but valve would not energize. Changed oil in system. Problem went away.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #9
    Yahoo Message Number: 14810
    The slide outs on my 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS move in and out using a track and 12 volt gear motors. I believe your 2005 uses the same set up. I have attached a set of electrical prints for all Seneca's through 2009 that I got from Jayco a while back. I think the last print applies to your 2005 coach (prints are dated at the bottom right box). Take a look at the bottom left corner of the print. There are relays shown for each slide out. All fuse protected through the load center. Intermittent operation tells me to look for loose/corroded connections in the circuitry for the slide motors. I have not had to work on our slide system yet so I'm unsure of the relay locations. The Battery Disconnect Solenoid is located in the right rear battery compartment. Battery tray must be pulled out to access it.

Hope this helps. This group and its information exchange has really helped me solve many issues with our Seneca. Would like to know how you make out.

Bobby

Re: Slide out help?? [1 Attachment]

Reply #10
    Yahoo Message Number: 14811
    hi I have a 05 jayco 35gs in bedroom behind one of the drawers below tv I had same issues wiring was hanging in midair pulled apart blew out plugged in and secured with wire ties and issues fixed .hope this helps

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 6:48 PM, "'Bob Ristau' bristau1@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #12
    Yahoo Message Number: 14820
    hi sorry not trying to hijack thread but i have a 05,jayco Seneca 35gs I believe there are house battery's(2) and coach (engine) battery's(2) and they are charged differently coach from engine... house from 110v ac or genset , through power converter .... (just had to replace my ac/dc converter it went hay wire and was charging 19 v dc to house battery's till it cooked them. so had to put in 2 new battery's went from 2- 12 volt battery's parallel / to two- 6 volt in series ) anyway I thought only way to bring both together was battery boost/ jump switch ? so house battery's only get charged from 110v a/c or genset...... I might be wrong but it would be a first *:-O surprise ..lol.... any info would be great thanks jim
    ps 19 volts to slide outs were amazing ... knew something was wrong right away ...lol....

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:05 PM, "Skip Laughlin skip.laughlin@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #14
    Yahoo Message Number: 14822
    hi thanks should have searched the web first ...... but do the coach (engine) battery's charge when plugged in to 110v ac or generator

UNDERSTANDING YOUR R.V. BATTERIES

HOUSE/COACH BATTERY: This Battery, or bank of Batteries (2-8), is used to power the "house" items

on the RV (such as; interior lights, thermostats, water pump, furnace, control boards on most appliances,

and many other 12v items). The house batteries are typically charged three ways;

1. From the Motor Home's engine/alternator, while driving or at idle, through the battery isolator/Relay

2. From the Generator, through the converter/charger (which may needed to be plugged-into Gen. outlet)

3. From plugging into AC/110v (aka "Shore Power"), through the converter/charger.

On Saturday, September 26, 2015 9:02 PM, "mnsprk@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #16
    Yahoo Message Number: 14824
    Hi... thanks love these sites have been rv for over 35 years and still have a ton to learn thank you for your input... enjoy be safe jim
    ps bought some solar panel kits as I leave motorhome inside storage for winter months they work great I know a bunch of other motorhomes store inside same building (no electric) and they either remove battery's(too heavy for me) or had them freeze and burst where mine kept battery's charged and safe ......again thanks

On Saturday, September 26, 2015 9:40 PM, "mnsprk@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote: