Skip to main content
Topic: trying to get an electrical diagram (Read 656 times) previous topic - next topic

trying to get an electrical diagram

Yahoo Message Number: 14439
hello everyone
We have a 2007 Jayco Seneca and the power gear system on it works fine except that when i get ready do leave and turn on the ignition it goes into emergency retract. I was told that it may be my park or emergency brake signal is not getting to the box. I checked it and they are both working anyone have a similar problem. also there are three sets of sockets on the control box I know where 2 of the sets go input from power and interlocks and outputs to pump ect. but where do the third set go i was told possibly to the air ride system but it has no air ride also i am looking for a schematic for it thanks Don

Re: trying to get an electrical diagram

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14442
also, I found some info here that I needed.
Technical Documents - Power Gear

Good luck calling these guys, if you do. It took a week for them to figure out what pump we have in our units. They had to sell Jayco a couple thousand of these things, and they couldn't remember what pump they used! ugh.
Jay

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14444
The White & Orange wire from pin #2 of the Power Gear module mounted to the underside of the floor connects to the Purple wire that comes from the transmission control module. This connection is located under the hood, right side, near the under hood fuse box, which is where the transmission module is also located. For some reason, the transmission module no longer provides the 12 volts the Power Gear module needs to let it know the vehicle is still in park. So when you turn on the key, the system thinks you pulled it out of park and the Power Gear system releases the jacks.

What I did to remedy the problem, was connect the White & Orange wire to the White and Blue wire for the E-Brake at the left kick panel (Both wires are in there.) You will not have the protection of the Park Lever, but you don't anyways since the Transmission Module stopped supplying power to the purple wire when in park. You will only have E-brake release protection. Release E-Brake and it will release jacks. But you will be able to turn on key without releasing the jacks after connecting these wires together.

Or, you can buy another transmission module and have it programmed, which I am sure it will again fail. I believe the problem is the load the Power Gear system puts on that purple wire to too much for the output. I am sure it required a small load relay that was never added to the system. I believe when I looked into replacing the transmission module it was around $1,800.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 14445
The White & Orange wire from pin #2 of the Power Gear module mounted to the underside of the floor connects to the Purple wire that comes from the transmission control module. This connection is located under the hood, right side, near the under hood fuse box, which is where the transmission module is also located. For some reason, the transmission module no longer provides the 12 volts the Power Gear module needs to let it know the vehicle is still in park. So when you turn on the key, the system thinks you pulled it out of park and the Power Gear system releases the jacks.

What I did to remedy the problem, was connect the White & Orange wire to the White and Blue wire for the E-Brake at the left kick panel (Both wires are in there.) You will not have the protection of the Park Lever, but you don't anyways since the Transmission Module stopped supplying power to the purple wire when in park. You will only have E-brake release protection. Release E-Brake and it will release jacks. But you will be able to turn on key without releasing the jacks after connecting these wires together.

Or, you can buy another transmission module and have it programmed, which I am sure it will again fail. I believe the problem is the load the Power Gear system puts on that purple wire to too much for the output. I am sure it required a small load relay that was never added to the system. I believe when I looked into replacing the transmission module it was around $1,800.