Skip to main content
Topic: Dometic Brisk Air II (Read 494 times) previous topic - next topic

Dometic Brisk Air II

Yahoo Message Number: 14226
i am resending this request as I have not gotten any replies since January. My rear Dometic 13,500 air conditioner has given up. I am looking to replace it with the Dometic BriskAirII with the heat option. Has anyone made this switch and where did you purchase the unit. Lastly, the switch looks fairly straight forward for a handy fellow. Has anyone does this themselves? As always thanks for the information.

Doug Brothers Gulfstream Endura 6340

Re: Dometic Brisk Air II

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14227
I'm not familiar with the BriskAir II. Does it have heat strips or is it a heat pump. Two of our Class A DPs had heat pumps. One was a residential unit in the basement. The other system was on the roof. We really enjoyed the "heat" part of the system when it got cold as it meant not having to run the furnace or small heaters. I don't know why heat pumps aren't the standard now as the price differential is not that great.

Our first MH was a Class A gasser. It had an AC with heat strips and we found they did not provide a lot of heat. Others have had much better experience with them. Dave Sparke added them to his Kodiak and was pleased with them.

You will certainly have to replace the thermostat if the current one will not handle heat as well as cool.

Don

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14228
You should not have any problems installing in place of the OEM AC. May need some new wires for the heat option.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14238
It has the heat strips. I wondered about how effective those were. I agree with you on the heat pump issue. I think that I will forgo the heat strips.

As always thanks for the help and infor

Doug Brothers