Skip to main content
Topic: Power Gear slide (Read 546 times) previous topic - next topic

Power Gear slide

Yahoo Message Number: 5967
Hi all,

The bedroom slide is not fault.

The panel shows a green and a red light blinking one at time.

I looked for the code on the manual but could not find any.

Does anyone know what this means?

I did try to reprogram and the slide goes in and out, but does not keep it and I noticed that the lock is not moving at all.

Where can I find the codes? I contacted Jayco, but it will take few days to hear from them. Wonder if I can fix that myself.

Right after I got the MH (jayco 36 ms) I had to replace the control board for the big slide (apparently it had an issue), wonder if the bedroom slide is controlled by the same board or a different one, if another one, where is that located?

any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you much
Mo

Re: Power Gear slide

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5968
sorry i meant
the bedroom slide is now fault

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5972
Attachments :

Can't help much Mo as we have a GS. Here is a string talking about a similar issue on a 2009 36MS that may help.
    https://rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/22670804/print/true.cfm
    Greg

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mo
    Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:13 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Power Gear slide

Hi all,

The bedroom slide is not fault.

The panel shows a green and a red light blinking one at time.

I looked for the code on the manual but could not find any.

Does anyone know what this means?

I did try to reprogram and the slide goes in and out, but does not keep it and I noticed that the lock is not moving at all.

Where can I find the codes? I contacted Jayco, but it will take few days to hear from them. Wonder if I can fix that myself.

Right after I got the MH (jayco 36 ms) I had to replace the control board for the big slide (apparently it had an issue), wonder if the bedroom slide is controlled by the same board or a different one, if another one, where is that located?

any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you much

Mo

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 5973
    Hi everyone,

I also have a 36MS and went through all the same gyrations as Mo. After replacing boards and charging batteries (or so I thought), it finally came down to 2 things: 1) There were several wires in the battery compartment that were loose (not the battery cables) and they acted like a thermocouple that would shut off whenever they got hot. This occured whenever either of the slides was operated. The result was both an inoperative slide and the loss of position memory. and 2) The 2 12 volt batteries in the coach were insufficient to the task since the slides actually operated off the batteries, not ground power or the generator.

Here is what cured the situation and have not had a single problem since. 1) I got rid of the 12 volts and put in 4 trojan T-105 6 volt batteries. If you do the math, I guess it's like having 8 12 volt batteries. 2) Tighten all the connections in the battery compartment and use lock nuts/ lock tite/ whatever it takes to insure a permanent connection. 3) NEVER try to charge your batteries by using step down adapters to a 15 amp plug. At 15 amps, the batteries actually discharged. I use 50 amp service exclusively.

Kudos and thanks to Trailside RV just east of Kansas City, MO. for figuring out the thermocouple part.

If you have any questions, please feel free to write.

Bill Burns

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 5995
    Well,

I got instructions from Jayco ( once again Vinh Le very helpful).

The trick is the slide needs to be extended in order to be reprogrammed and you have to hold the fault key and out key at the same time.
    Once you put back in and out, it is ok and works fine, now the problem is once I disconnected the battery, it lost the memory/programming.
    So I exchange emails with Vinh and we agreed the board is faulty (much like the other one, this board has also an updated version), He said he ordered one to be sent to me and I can replace and reprogram.
    I never saw this board, I know where the other one is but the bedroom one not sure, Vinh told me it is under the bed, again I never saw it, but again I guess I never looked hard enough or it may be mounted under a panel or something.

Once I get it and do the work I am planning to post pix and instructions and tips I found out during work.
    Hopefully that would solve the problem.

thank you all
    Mo