Skip to main content
Topic: Rear A/c (Read 662 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear A/c

Yahoo Message Number: 4741
Hope all are having a wonderful 6th weekend. Can anyone tell me why our rear A.C on our Seneca all of a sudden stopped working. Have checked fuses and breakers inside and all seem ok/ Txs Dane

Rear A/c

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4742
Hope everyone is having a wonderful 4th weekend. Can someone tell me why the rear A/C on our Seneca just all of a sudden stopped working? I have checked breakers and fuses and all seem well. Txs Dane

Re: Rear A/c

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4743
Sitting back and enjoying this great warm 4 July weekend.
Do you have separate thermostats? If you have separate thermostats it may be the cool switch is not all the way over. If you have one thermostat it may not have the proper setting for rear to run.
On my MH the rear thermostat runs on the second leg of the 50 amp. Have you tried to run the rear A/C on generator?
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Rear A/c

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4744
Will try that and let you know. I do have a front and rear thermostate. Dane

Re: REAR a/c

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 4746
Dane . . . You might check to be sure that other electrical items on the same 50 AMP leg are working. I had something like this happen one time and it turned put to be a poor connection at the outside AC plug. If the plug terminals are dirty, or show burn marks, clean or replace.

George

Rear A/C

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 4749
Well the cord looks ok but I will take apart where it plugs into the RV and take a look when it quits raining. About right just getting ready to leave and have an issue. Anyway the slide was the bushings and they replaced the nylon with brass and works fine. Dane