Skip to main content
Topic: Crossfires (Read 553 times) previous topic - next topic

Crossfires

Yahoo Message Number: 687
Denny, I see that you have the Crossfires. How about filling us in on where you bought them, cost, installation work required (cost if done for you), effectiveness, etc.

I've been contemplating them for about 3 years.

Tx

Don

Brantford Ontario & Palmetto Florida (in the winter)
2007 Jayco Greyhawk 32SS (parked next to our Chariot Eagle 42 ft park model in Florida)
Toad - 2007 Tahoe LTZ
Blue Ox base plates, tow bar and rear light bar (fits in Tahoe receiver)
Brake Buddy

Prior hardware
06 HR Amb 40PLQ Cummins ISC 330/950 9/05-5/07
04 Winnie Jrny 39W CAT C7 330/860 7/04-9/05
00 Triple E Commander 34 ft F53 V10 5/03-5/04
Toad 04 Colorado Z71 quad cab 04 to 06 box cap and bedroller

Re: Crossfires

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 688

Don,

I had them installed at Les Schwab Tire Center in Tahoe, CA last fall... they cost $132.86 American dollars plus tax for the pair on the rear duals. That's about 20 bucks in Canadian, right?

Be sure to get the stainless steel hoses because cheaper hoses can leak or break when hit with debris. The hose cost is included. They removed the tires, mounted a bracket on the hubcap to secure the gauge with a couple pop rivets and a bracket.... I'm not sure you would have to remove the tires if you can get to the valve stem on the inner tires.

I like them because I can tell at a glance what the tire pressures are, and I know that both duals are the same pressure since the Crossfires equalize the pressure. If there is a sudden loss of pressure, the gauge shuts down to hold the pressure in the good tire.

Denny

Re: Crossfires

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 689
Our buck is jumping around par + or - 2 cents these days.

Now, to make sure I'm clear on this, your paid $132.86 TOTAL for the pair - or that much for each set of wheels?

If that was for both sides it is a good price. The more I think about it I wonder why our wonderful manufacturers don't make them an option? (along with a water pressure gauge, surge protector, etc. :)

Don