Skip to main content
Topic: Just picked up a 2007 Four Winds Chateau 34g with C5500 Kodiak with Duramax (Read 6246 times) previous topic - next topic

Just picked up a 2007 Four Winds Chateau 34g with C5500 Kodiak with Duramax

Howdy folks, Looking forward to reading more here but thought I'd do a quick intro. Just purchased a nice used MH with 53000 miles. Recent service, tires, and a bunch of stuff done already. She seems pretty solid but if there's anything, in particular, I should be aware of, I'm all ears.

Re: Just picked up a 2007 Four Winds Chateau 34g with C5500 Kodiak with Duramax

Reply #1
Welcome to the forum.

Reply #2
Welcome and congratulations.  We're a couple of years into ownership of our low mileage 2008 34H. We've been slowly making suspension improvements to it and taking care of deferred maintenance, but all in all it has been a good experience.

Kyle

Reply #3
I also have a 2007 Four Winds , may I ask what has been done to your new coach ? The only thing I done to mine is a front sway bar , I’m always looking for ways to improve mine . It’s also a Duramax with only 9,000 miles ..Thanks

Reply #4
I also have a 2007 Four Winds , may I ask what has been done to your new coach ? The only thing I done to mine is a front sway bar , I’m always looking for ways to improve mine . It’s also a Duramax with only 9,000 miles ..Thanks

That's about what we had on it when we bought it. Duramax/Allison as well to tow our Jeep.

So far we've added a front and rear track bar. I have heavier springs to install for the rear and I also am planning on the Koni shocks.

Kyle

Reply #5
I also have a 2007 Four Winds, may I ask what has been done to your new coach? The only thing I done to mine is a front sway bar, I’m always looking for ways to improve mine. It’s also a Duramax with only 9,000 miles ..Thanks
We purchased it 2 weeks ago and have yet to go through everything but it had a house battery upgrade to four 6V with a 2000W Freedom 748 Inverter wired to all the passenger side outlets. The previous owner did a couch & King Mattress upgrade, as well as new Bilsteins all around, looks to be new sway bar and bushings, updated TV in the rear, added an auxiliary 40 Gal water, so it has 105 Gal now, updated faucets, bigger kitchen sink, dual AC, and they mounted a nice air compressor upside down in one of the driver's side rear cabinets behind the rear wheel with airlines to both sides of the coach. 

We have to replace the slideout and power awning. Just ordered those, we plan to replace them next weekend. If anyone has done that yet, let me know if you have any tips.  Thanks for the welcome!

Reply #6
I replaced both slide toppers on my Endura. Did it by myself. Had 2 10' step ladders . One set out about 1/2 the length of the topper. Other set near where slide topper attaches to side of MH. Start feeding topper into slot. Sliding it a little at a time gets it done.
I have never done a awning. But there are some very good video's on U-tube showing how to do both replacements.